Within the last few weeks, I’ve found that my GPS only works for a day or two. Rebooting makes it work again, but only for another day or two. I believe this started happening around the time I got an AT&T update, but can't really confirm that. I've tried the app GPS Status, but that doesn't help at all. Toggling location settings also does not help, only rebooting restores GPS functionality.

Any help out there?
    03-04-2018 09:46 AM
    Within the last few weeks, I’ve found that my GPS only works for a day or two. Rebooting makes it work again, but only for another day or two. I believe this started happening around the time I got an AT&T update, but can't really confirm that. I've tried the app GPS Status, but that doesn't help at all. Toggling location settings also does not help, only rebooting restores GPS functionality.

Any help out there?
    You could have a hardware problem but it's hard to say. You could try a factory reset as that sometimes clears things up but of course that is painful and make sure you back things up.
    03-04-2018 07:44 PM
    I'm on Verizon, but I have had 0 issues with the GPS on mine. I don't even remember the last time I restarted my phone. Probably the last time an update installed.
    03-05-2018 08:12 AM
    yes same problem here, had to reboot twice, it has only happened when a traveled in an airplane and landed and it thought i was still in my old location. before the update i saw that location was still on during airplane mode and now it seems its off since i cant get my location while flying. att phone here.
    03-08-2018 09:11 AM
    I've noticed this problem once on my AT&T model that a reboot fixed.
    03-08-2018 02:06 PM
    FWIW, got the att Oreo update a couple weeks ago. It has solved my gps issues completely.
    04-08-2018 02:46 PM
    I've noticed this problem once on my AT&T model that a reboot fixed.
    Me too.

I have an app that sometimes has problems holding the GPS fix, but I attribute that to the single app since an app restart fixes it.
    04-08-2018 05:05 PM