I had an LG G6 last summer, that quickly developed a problem with the headphone jack - like a loose connection. It crackled & skipped, with multiple aux cables in my car and multiple pairs of earbuds. I'm certain it was a hardware issue. I begrudgingly accepted Verizon's "like new" (refurbished) replacement as I didn't want to wait to send to LG for repairs. The replacement developed the exact same problem within a week. I then went to the Pixel XL and Project Fi, but now I am going back to Verizon on my company's group plan and considering a V30.

I'm not an audiophile, I listen to podcasts much more often than music, so the Quad DAC doesn't really do much for me, but I'm hoping with an increased focus on audio, LG maybe has a little better quality control on the headphone jack hardware as well. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues.

Here is my saga from the G6, several people chimed in with similar complaints, so I am leery of LG again, but I'm not really a Samsung fan either so looking for alternatives to the S9+. I really like having a headphone jack for the aux cable in my car, and bluetooth on the Pixel is trash, so not considering a Pixel 2.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ck-issues.html
    03-11-2018 11:19 AM
    I had an LG G6 last summer, that quickly developed a problem with the headphone jack - like a loose connection. It crackled & skipped, with multiple aux cables in my car and multiple pairs of earbuds. I'm certain it was a hardware issue. I begrudgingly accepted Verizon's "like new" (refurbished) replacement as I didn't want to wait to send to LG for repairs. The replacement developed the exact same problem within a week. I then went to the Pixel XL and Project Fi, but now I am going back to Verizon on my company's group plan and considering a V30.

I'm not an audiophile, I listen to podcasts much more often than music, so the Quad DAC doesn't really do much for me, but I'm hoping with an increased focus on audio, LG maybe has a little better quality control on the headphone jack hardware as well. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues.

Here is my saga from the G6, several people chimed in with similar complaints, so I am leery of LG again, but I'm not really a Samsung fan either so looking for alternatives to the S9+. I really like having a headphone jack for the aux cable in my car, and bluetooth on the Pixel is trash, so not considering a Pixel 2.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ck-issues.html
    Going from a G6 to a V30 doesn't change the QC of the headphone jack hardware. The also make a variation of the G6 that has a QUAD DAC and the headphone jack is the same.
    03-11-2018 11:23 AM
    5 months in with my V30 and still no problems with the headphone jack. I've honestly never had a smartphone that had a problematic headphone jack and I've owned everything from an HTC Touch Pro2, a Nokia Lumia 925 to what I have now. Actually I take that back, the only smartphone that has given me problems with the headphone jack was the Alcatel Idol 4S which sometimes required multiple unplugs to get both channels working.
    03-11-2018 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I know some G6's had the Quad DAC as well, maybe QC wasn't the best term to use... And it's very likely the V30 has the same hardware module for the jack, I was mainly just looking for anecdotal evidence of whether people had issues or not. It was pretty bad luck that both my G6's had the same hardware issue, and interesting that several other G6 owners chimed in with similar issues. I've never had that issue with any of the other phones I've had.
    03-11-2018 04:46 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I know some G6's had the Quad DAC as well, maybe QC wasn't the best term to use... And it's very likely the V30 has the same hardware module for the jack, I was mainly just looking for anecdotal evidence of whether people had issues or not. It was pretty bad luck that both my G6's had the same hardware issue, and interesting that several other G6 owners chimed in with similar issues. I've never had that issue with any of the other phones I've had.
    If your jack had a lot of static it could be lint build up....I'm not saying it was the case for you but it happens to a number of us.
    03-11-2018 07:41 PM
    If your jack had a lot of static it could be lint build up....I'm not saying it was the case for you but it happens to a number of us.
    Nope, you suggested that to me in my original G6 thread, but it wasn't.
    03-11-2018 10:40 PM
    My October 2017 V30 has no headphone problems (multiple sets) but they get infrequent use.

My protective case was causing some connection problems for one of the headsets with a wide jack until I made the case's hole bigger.
    anon(181017) likes this.
    03-12-2018 05:20 AM
    I don't have the V30, currently have a V20 and had a V10. I found that the headphone jack was "stiff" on my V series phones and sometimes required a little extra push to get them to seat properly. I also had some issues with some cases.
    03-15-2018 10:26 AM
    Nope, you suggested that to me in my original G6 thread, but it wasn't.
    Must have been awhile ago
    03-16-2018 10:39 AM