The Notch rears its ugly head

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I actually like the essential phone. Best built phone out imo. I live the feel and materials. And now with 8.1 a lot of tvr bugs are fixed. Can't wait to see what the next essential is and the pixel 3. Both are on my list this year.

Oh, absolutely! I'm keeping an eye out for the next Essential Phone! It's unfortunate because even though Essential was announced and released prior to the iPhone X, people will still associate notches with the iPhone X; and I think that's why other manufacturers want to copy the notch.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh, absolutely! I'm keeping an eye out for the next Essential Phone! It's unfortunate because even though Essential was announced and released prior to the iPhone X, people will still associate notches with the iPhone X; and I think that's why other manufacturers want to copy the notch.
Other people also associate the loss of the headphone jack to the iPhone despite LeEco and Moto coming out first. But that just shows how much clout Apple has.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
LG G7 (2018 flagship): Rumors, Specs, Release Date, and More! https://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g7

The same reasons why they went with an all glass body and curved display are the same reasons why they went with the notch. This notch doesn't look that bad though the way they did it, seems minimal and looks alright. I could see why they did it, 1: for being part of the cool crowd and 2: they really minimized the bezels to the max with this one so even putting the camera on the bottom wouldn't work. BTW they can't put it on the bottom center because of the charging port and possibly the headphone jack, anywhere else the person's hand will cover the camera. OH YEAH and I'm glad LG is going back to LCD.. the AMOLED screen was disappointing plus the fear of screen burn in.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The same reasons why they went with an all glass body and curved display are the same reasons why they went with the notch. This notch doesn't look that bad though the way they did it, seems minimal and looks alright. I could see why they did it, 1: for being part of the cool crowd and 2: they really minimized the bezels to the max with this one so even putting the camera on the bottom wouldn't work. BTW they can't put it on the bottom center because of the charging port and possibly the headphone jack, anywhere else the person's hand will cover the camera. OH YEAH and I'm glad LG is going back to LCD.. the AMOLED screen was disappointing plus the fear of screen burn in.

Burn in is way overated

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is my first OLED screened phone and I've worried about burn in since day one. I have to admit though, I really like it. No issues at all.

The word is not yet. Depends how you use it too. If you use Waze or Google Maps everyday, the chances are higher.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
If they're planning to release the G7 this year, the design is already finalized and has been for some time. Notch either exists or it doesn't at this point, I think that feedback might be geared towards next year's offering as they'll have to start on it imminently, if it's not already well in the works.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If they're planning to release the G7 this year, the design is already finalized and has been for some time. Notch either exists or it doesn't at this point, I think that feedback might be geared towards next year's offering as they'll have to start on it imminently, if it's not already well in the works.
I read an article when the V30 came out that claimed a leaked version of the V30 was actually a design that had been developed in tandem with the model that was ultimately released. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar going on with the G7. LG probably has a few options available before going into full production.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Agreed

It's far too late to change anything at this point as it's likely finalized and probably heading into production soon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

You bring up a good point. Perhaps they will use that feedback for next iterations or, who knows, maybe they'll make a whole other design next year. That's one thing I love about LG - you never know!

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
You bring up a good point. Perhaps they will use that feedback for next iterations or, who knows, maybe they'll make a whole other design next year. That's one thing I love about LG - you never know!

And I guess I will never know when the dang LG V30S is coming out in US either. Lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae