I've noticed recently my phone has been unable to find its location inside a building unless it's near a window, which points to it only utilizing GPS to provide a location. But I have high accuracy location enabled, so it should be using a mobile network.

Is this really the case? It was previously able to find a location inside a building, even if it wasn't accurate.
    04-02-2018 02:11 PM
    If you can make phone calls from inside the building, it's the GPS signal that's missing. (GPS will get through a shingle roof, but it may not get through a steel building.) Of course, you may be not getting both the GPS signal and the phone signal, so there's nothing for the phone to use to get its location.
    04-02-2018 02:52 PM
    If you can make phone calls from inside the building, it's the GPS signal that's missing. (GPS will get through a shingle roof, but it may not get through a steel building.) Of course, you may be not getting both the GPS signal and the phone signal, so there's nothing for the phone to use to get its location.
    I was saying that the mobile network (4G LTE) is there, but it seems to me that for some reason, my phone will not utilize it when determining location. With location set to high accuracy, shouldn't my phone be using 4G in conjunction with GPS signals to determine its location?
    04-02-2018 02:55 PM