Hi there

I got Oreo yesterday. So far so good. I got a few problems but most are minor as of yet.

What really bugs me optically is the new icons. I like the "black" theme, as it is unobtrusive and saves power altogether. But now many icons (i.e. Google Photos) have a nasty white square background around them.
    I tried a few other themes but they don't look the way I want my theme to look.
    I tried icon packs, but most won't work with LG UI or are a dread to use (klick each icon to replace it manually ... no thanks)

The other thing is, due to my changing of themes, my lockscreenpic is gone. When I try to pick a picture from gallery or google photos, the phone tells me it does not Support the editing of this picture.
    This is the same even with the picture I had before.

Man, what have you broken now, LG?

Any hints?
    TIA
    04-19-2018 05:40 AM
    Have you gone into Settings -> Display -> Home Screen -> Icon Shape and change the setting to original? That stopped the white borders for me. Not sure about your lockscreen pic question.

Rev.
    04-19-2018 11:03 AM
    Have you gone into Settings -> Display -> Home Screen -> Icon Shape and change the setting to original? That stopped the white borders for me. ...

Rev.
    Hmmm ... I haven't got that menu.
    Under Display -> Homescreen I only got only following menu Points (translating from German so sorry, if it mismatches in the translation):
    -> User Interface (set to Home + App Menu)
    -> Background
    -> Move Background (greyed out)
    -> Screen-Wipe Effect (set to page)
    -> Raster (set to 5x5)
    -> Homescreen Loop (On)
    -> Smart Bulletin (Off)
    -> Search (On for Search by swipe down)

That's it.
    I'll try and find that menu somewhere else
    04-20-2018 12:55 AM
    Did you find anything? I got the same thing, it seems it happens only on the Google app icons, like gmail and such. My Icon Shape is set to Original. I even tried to set it to something else and setting it back to Original, and it didn't work.
    05-16-2018 12:03 PM
    Not really. I just got the hint from another forum, that I should change my theme to the default to be able again to change the lockscreen background.
    Did that and it worked.

I tried a few other black themes from playstore then and stuck with the one that was the nicest for my taste.
    05-17-2018 06:17 AM