Did I get a good deal?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I pulled the trigger on a mint V30 today, which, as per the listing, comes with original box and inserts, as well as all relevant documentation off of Swappa with a bunch of extras:

128 GB SD card with adapter

Anker wireless charging pad

Two screen protectors (1 IQ Shield Wet Apply, 1 TGSP)

Black shell case

all for $620. I was told that the phone was purchased from B&H two months ago, and it includes the extra year of warranty from LG. I'm all of a sudden nervous. I plan on keeping my 6P as a back up, since it still works and I replaced the battery back in October, but it's gonna be weird using a skinned phone again. Did I get a good deal here? What do you all think?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T variant goes for about $640, the Verizon variant goes for about $840.

Selling something other than what it is on Swappa leads to being barred from Swappa, so people usually represent their sales pretty carefully. (I can't say "almost always" any more, due to the influx of dealers, who may just change company names when someone complains about getting stung.) But I've been around since long before Swappa, and I never heard of anyone personally getting other than what the listing said (and some of the "it has a small scratch" listings have such a small scratch that it took a long time for the buyer to find it, even with the picture right in front of him - some sellers light the barely-existing scratch so it looks like the Grand Canyon).

Did you get a good buy?Cheaper than new, with a 128GB card (even if it's a cheap one, it's a few dollars), the pad, 2 screen protectors and a case? I'd say you did. I personally don't like the phone, and I gave up wireless charging because of the heat it creates (most of which ends up in the phone), but just the phone, card, screen protectors and case is a good buy.

Enjoy it.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal to me. I paid after the rebate from AT&T 500. So that's a good deal with all that stuff. I wouldn't worry. And I buy a lot of phones from swappa. Never a issue.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Sounds pretty good to me. I also got mine for around $500 with my trade in to AT&T. Good luck with it, it's a great phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think you got an EXCELLENT deal. If the seller is reputable, you have the warranty information, and proof of purchase, you're good to go.

Try not to worry, and enjoy your new phone! Let us know when you get it! :)

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I think you got an EXCELLENT deal. If the seller is reputable, you have the warranty information, and proof of purchase, you're good to go.

Try not to worry, and enjoy your new phone! Let us know when you get it! :)

In fact, I got it today, and I'm typing this comment on it right now, lol. The seller is definitely reputable, as he included every possible piece of documentation with the phone, including proof of purchase and warranty information. The phone itself is immaculate. And the quad DAC... Wow. I just have to get used to using a skinned phone again after two years with stock. One thing that is annoying is the touch sensitivity with tempered glass. Other than that, no complaints so far.

Edit: Battery life has been amazing for day one. On Wi-Fi, I'm currently at 37% remaining with 6:31 SOT and screen brightness at 25%.

Last edited:

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
So I just plugged in my V30 to charge it, using the power brick and cable that came with the box. When doing so, I got a message saying, "charging slowly", as well as what to do if it charges slowly. Is it something I'm doing wrong? How to I get the phone to quick charge?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
In fact, I got it today, and I'm typing this comment on it right now, lol. The seller is definitely reputable, as he included every possible piece of documentation with the phone, including proof of purchase and warranty information. The phone itself is immaculate. And the quad DAC... Wow. I just have to get used to using a skinned phone again after two years with stock. One thing that is annoying is the touch sensitivity with tempered glass. Other than that, no complaints so far.

Edit: Battery life has been amazing for day one. On Wi-Fi, I'm currently at 37% remaining with 6:31 SOT and screen brightness at 25%.

So glad you are loving it, especially the DAC and the battery life!

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
So I've noticed that when I load music to my V30 and use the stock music player, songs cut out, either by skipping or stuttering. It sounds as if you're listening to a scratched CD, it's terrible. It does this whether the files are stored locally or to the SD card. To be fair, I do convert YouTube videos to mp3 files, but that shouldn't affect playback, right? I got so frustrated I listed it for sale after only three days of use. :( I should mention that I'm using a non-Bluetooth pair of headphones. What is causing this issue, and am I alone here?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon