Prior to the Oreo update my phone was very good at switching to the best WiFi signal. As I move through my house , or around the building at work I was always on the best signal available. I've noticed that since the Oreo update my phone is hanging onto weak signals longer and not switching to the stronger network.

For instance at work, we have wireless coverage throughout the building, and there is a access point like 5 feet from my office. Previously I always had strong WiFi in my office. Now if I go down the hall and come back to my office it clings to the much weaker signal from down the hall. I find myself turning my WiFi off and on several times a day to fix this.

Has anybody else noticed the same thing?
    05-10-2018 03:41 PM
    Unfortuantely not a accurate reply but maybe helpful nonetheless...If at work where are sure of there being coverage on WiFi, could you maybe turn on Airplane Mode & put WiFi back on after so it doesn't try to make use of what I believe is called Smart Switching (ironic name) to stop it from jumping around?
    05-12-2018 05:37 PM
    Unfortuantely not a accurate reply but maybe helpful nonetheless...If at work where are sure of there being coverage on WiFi, could you maybe turn on Airplane Mode & put WiFi back on after so it doesn't try to make use of what I believe is called Smart Switching (ironic name) to stop it from jumping around?
    The thing is I want it to jump around to the strongest signal. It used to be very good at that, but since the Oreo update it is being stubborn and clinging to weaker signals even though a stronger signal is available. I think I need to do a factory reset. But Thanks for the reply!!
    05-14-2018 11:23 AM
    Prior to the Oreo update my phone was very good at switching to the best WiFi signal. As I move through my house , or around the building at work I was always on the best signal available. I've noticed that since the Oreo update my phone is hanging onto weak signals longer and not switching to the stronger network.

For instance at work, we have wireless coverage throughout the building, and there is a access point like 5 feet from my office. Previously I always had strong WiFi in my office. Now if I go down the hall and come back to my office it clings to the much weaker signal from down the hall. I find myself turning my WiFi off and on several times a day to fix this.

Has anybody else noticed the same thing?
    I've noticed the same thing at home. I've got an extender and my phone use to connect to it since it has a stronger signal. But now it hooks up to my router.
    05-14-2018 08:59 PM
    I've noticed the same thing at home. I've got an extender and my phone use to connect to it since it has a stronger signal. But now it hooks up to my router.
    Yeah, I have google WiFi at home, and I've noticed it clinging to the weaker signal occasionally there too. It's more pronounced at work though. One of these days I'll find the time to do a factory reset. Hopefully that will set things right. I usually do a factory reset after a major release, but I was lazy this time around.
    05-17-2018 09:59 AM