V30 or s9+

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For quick shots, the V30 has double tap the volume down key, and the camera app is open. That's from the lock screen, doesn't seem to work when the phone is awake. You just hit the camera icon. Both camera's do a great job. Some shots the V30 are better, and some the S9+ are better at. It would really come down to preference. I took a some shots outdoor of my yard, and the V30 had more true colors, while the S9 was a lot greener looking. The S9's color may have been more pleasing, but when zooming in a little bit, the V30 seemed to capture more detail. Indoors in good light, the V30 seemed a little bit more crisp and colorful. In low light, the Galaxy hands down wins. That is extreme low light. A normally lit room at night, they are comparable, with the Galaxy a little brighter. One thing to consider is the Galaxy does that live focus thing where it blurs out the background and focuses on the subject. That would give you some pretty cool shots of your new born baby. It is a pretty cool feature. I prefer the wide angle lens on the V30, but that's just my preference. I don't find much need for the live focus of the Galaxy.
In the end, I really don't think that you could go wrong with either phone. They both do a nice job at taking photo's. The V30's battery life is the best that I have ever gotten with any phone, but my wife seems to make it through a day with no problem on the S9+.

Congratulations with your first child. Hope all goes well.

joostin2020

May 21, 2018
Visit site
For quick shots, the V30 has double tap the volume down key, and the camera app is open. That's from the lock screen, doesn't seem to work when the phone is awake. You just hit the camera icon. Both camera's do a great job. Some shots the V30 are better, and some the S9+ are better at. It would really come down to preference. I took a some shots outdoor of my yard, and the V30 had more true colors, while the S9 was a lot greener looking. The S9's color may have been more pleasing, but when zooming in a little bit, the V30 seemed to capture more detail. Indoors in good light, the V30 seemed a little bit more crisp and colorful. In low light, the Galaxy hands down wins. That is extreme low light. A normally lit room at night, they are comparable, with the Galaxy a little brighter. One thing to consider is the Galaxy does that live focus thing where it blurs out the background and focuses on the subject. That would give you some pretty cool shots of your new born baby. It is a pretty cool feature. I prefer the wide angle lens on the V30, but that's just my preference. I don't find much need for the live focus of the Galaxy.
In the end, I really don't think that you could go wrong with either phone. They both do a nice job at taking photo's. The V30's battery life is the best that I have ever gotten with any phone, but my wife seems to make it through a day with no problem on the S9+.

Congratulations with your first child. Hope all goes well.
Thank you

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was starting to lean more towards the s9+.. then today I went and tried a few models out.. but now I'm back to where I started. Only now it's the s9+ or pixel 2xl

Well, the common variable in both scenarios seems to be the S9+... Perhaps that tells you something! :) I have the smaller Pixel 2 and love it though!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Can't believe the V30 or G7 got eliminated. Enjoy the inferior sound quality.

The OP mentioned that he listens through bluetooth. The DAC on both V30 and G7 was irrelevant from the start because of this. Neither phone provides better sound quality than the competition through bluetooth because the DAC only works through wired headphones. So no, the OP won't be experiencing inferior sound quality. In

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital