I've done my fair share of research. I just got a Galaxy S9 and I have a window of time to return it if i don't like it. I'm not having fun with the super curved edges of the Galaxy S9, I've already cracked a screen protector from 2 feet up. I am also having the microphone problem with my S9 where I sound very muffled. That's the question i have for you all today! Is there any weird problems that people in the past have suffered with LG V20s, V30s, or any of the new ones? (which I'm not interested in, the new features are gimmicks to me). Also, just provide your general thoughts on my situation. It's definitely a weird one but I'm a weird person and I think I'll have a V30 longer and everything about it satisfies me.
    06-03-2018 06:54 AM
    I've done my fair share of research. I just got a Galaxy S9 and I have a window of time to return it if i don't like it. I'm not having fun with the super curved edges of the Galaxy S9, I've already cracked a screen protector from 2 feet up. I am also having the microphone problem with my S9 where I sound very muffled. That's the question i have for you all today! Is there any weird problems that people in the past have suffered with LG V20s, V30s, or any of the new ones? (which I'm not interested in, the new features are gimmicks to me). Also, just provide your general thoughts on my situation. It's definitely a weird one but I'm a weird person and I think I'll have a V30 longer and everything about it satisfies me.
    Good luck bub. I was a Galaxy fan from the s2 to the note 7. I read an article that changed my mind about sticking with Galaxy.

In the end, for me, it came down to the Galaxy being the greatest phone until a year passed. Then it seemed like I had to have them all plugged in to charge throughout the day unlike during the first year.

And also the bloatware.

I switched to a v20 and purchased nova prime and even now, after it's release, I unplugged my phone at 6am, it's 952am and I barely hit 99% with landless playing the whole time.

I'm much happier. I still want a note but I'll be hard pressed to get another galaxy.
    Pickle528 likes this.
    06-03-2018 09:53 AM
    Pickle528, I've had the V30 since 10/2017. To address what I think might be concerns for you;

1. Screen protectors for this device can be problematic generally due to the curved screen.
    2. Battery life for the most part is amazing.
    3. I find the camera functionality to be totally sufficient for how I use it.
    4. The sound quality is really good.

Overall, I am very pleased with this phone.

Good luck with your search.
    06-03-2018 09:55 AM
    Get v30. Best phone I know of to compete with apple and Samsung although I haven't tried Pixel or Huweii.

The battery life on v30+ alone is worth choosing this phone. The camera sucks Imo, but again, that battery life. It's changed how I look at mobile phones. Every phone I've had before this required constant attention to battery and god forbid I ever forgot my wall charger at home I'd be borrowing one or expecting to have phone die out sometime during the work day.

On v30+ I can literally forget to charge the phone and still have plenty. I usually dont even charge at home or use any wall chargers. I just top up with a car charger while driving.

Never had battery like that before. I have it set to battery saver, but manually toggled it not to auto adjust screen brightness and to allow haptic feedback to continue.
    Pickle528 and kal_el_5011 like this.
    06-03-2018 12:26 PM
    I've done more looking around and decided the camera on the V30 is going to be the difference between switching or not. So many people have shared their bad experiences with it, but after looking at the stickied "Share your photos taken with your V30" thread, the camera seems great! I accept that it won't be as good as my GS9, but really the only thing I really loved about the camera on it was the "food" mode where I could select something to focus on, and it would slightly blur out thing in the background and make the whole picture very vivid in color. So why do so many people hate the V30's camera?
    06-03-2018 03:05 PM
    I came from a galaxy S7 edge. It was a great device but still ignoring audiophiles. So I bought my V30 at launch and couldn't be happier. Battery life is fantastic. Camera in an equallibriam with galaxy. Very ergonomically excellent. And that ESS Sabre quad dac is absolutely amazing. It's been perfect ftom day 1.
    06-03-2018 03:08 PM
    I love my v20 camera so much more than my galaxy cameras. That wide angle is superb.
    I've done more looking around and decided the camera on the V30 is going to be the difference between switching or not. So many people have shared their bad experiences with it, but after looking at the stickied "Share your photos taken with your V30" thread, the camera seems great! I accept that it won't be as good as my GS9, but really the only thing I really loved about the camera on it was the "food" mode where I could select something to focus on, and it would slightly blur out thing in the background and make the whole picture very vivid in color. So why do so many people hate the V30's camera?
    Pickle528 likes this.
    06-03-2018 05:14 PM
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...mera-shootout/

Here is a pretty good shootout, with the Galaxy edging out the V30. My wife just got the S9+, and I feel pretty much the same way. Some pics are better on the V30 while others are better on the S9+. Overall, the S9+ may be slightly better than the V30, but that doesn't mean the V30 is a poor camera at all.
    06-03-2018 05:28 PM
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...mera-shootout/

Here is a pretty good shootout, with the Galaxy edging out the V30. My wife just got the S9+, and I feel pretty much the same way. Some pics are better on the V30 while others are better on the S9+. Overall, the S9+ may be slightly better than the V30, but that doesn't mean the V30 is a poor camera at all.
    Are you honestly getting good crisp photos with the v30? I've seen a photo taken recently with iPhone 7 plus, staggering detail.

Note8 also incredible. I've yet to see a photo taken with v30 that wasn't blurry somewhere in the photo.
    06-03-2018 07:08 PM
    Yes I am getting some decent shots. I am using the AI cam, which does seem to do a better job the original camera mode.
    06-03-2018 08:18 PM
    It's odd, I noticed some of the shots would come out really good and some of them not good at all.
    06-03-2018 08:53 PM
    Yes I am getting some decent shots. I am using the AI cam, which does seem to do a better job the original camera mode.
    Fair enough. I really do think my camera may be defective in some way. I checked for smudges. I'm coming from Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S6, both took really excellent photos. My old S4 easily outclasses my v30 in that regard, the camera.

I could take ten photos right now with AI camera, throw them all away, repeat that process another 5 or 6 times and somewhere in there find 1 photo that is OK, but looks like a smudge painting the moment I zoom in on any particular element of the photo.

I have a few photos taken with Note 8, second to iphone 7plus's camera by a good margin imo, that were breathtaking but I'm not sure how to link to.

Here's a random Google image taken with Note 8 that I am positive I could never even come close to with the the v30+ that I received, if anyone cares to see.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...source=sh/x/im

Even upon a little zoom there's still but of sharpness to the dogs eyes.

I think on my particular v30 there is some decent color, and I like the wide angle option but the actual lines and edges of objects are just a blurry mess.

But I do believe you guys are getting good photos somehow.
    06-03-2018 09:21 PM
    The camera is what is stopped me from getting the V30. In a lot of pics I saw it wasn't any better than my G6 so I didn't see the point in upgrading. That said, I love the look and feel of the V30, its a fantastic design but I ultimately ended up getting a Pixel 2 and its the best camera I've ever had on a phone. So it really depends on your use.
    06-04-2018 09:42 AM
    The camera is what is stopped me from getting the V30. In a lot of pics I saw it wasn't any better than my G6 so I didn't see the point in upgrading. That said, I love the look and feel of the V30, its a fantastic design but I ultimately ended up getting a Pixel 2 and its the best camera I've ever had on a phone. So it really depends on your use.
    Gorgeous design on v30+. Feels incredible in the hand. I had heard that it's too light feels less premium. Not imo. This should be the new standard in weight and feel. Feels just right.

Actually the screen is even a delight to touch because while at first I couldn't get haptic feedback, not knowing that setting to battery saver automatically shuts down halrucs, they need to be turned back on manually, well, that coupled with this wet application screen protector just all feels I to such a satusfying screen experience.

I'd love to see Pixel 2 vs. iPhone 7 plus in a photo shootout. I've not seen pixel photos but iPhone 7 plus takes obscenely great photos.
    06-04-2018 11:30 AM
    Gorgeous design on v30+. Feels incredible in the hand. I had heard that it's too light feels less premium. Not imo. This should be the new standard in weight and feel. Feels just right.

Actually the screen is even a delight to touch because while at first I couldn't get haptic feedback, not knowing that setting to battery saver automatically shuts down halrucs, they need to be turned back on manually, well, that coupled with this wet application screen protector just all feels I to such a satusfying screen experience.

I'd love to see Pixel 2 vs. iPhone 7 plus in a photo shootout. I've not seen pixel photos but iPhone 7 plus takes obscenely great photos.
    Yeah I've heard fantastic things about the V30's haptics. And it is a truly gorgeous design. I loved the feeling of my G6 hand and do miss that. I have been watching the V30 prices lately too but I just don't know if I can give up my camera on the Pixel 2 now.
    06-04-2018 12:25 PM
    All the hate for the camera on the V30 is usually for the front camera rather than the main cameras. Every photo I've taken with it looks great, nice and crisp and detailed.
    06-07-2018 04:02 AM