LG V30 Bluetooth not reconnecting automatically?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Not sure if this is just the way the phone is. I picked up a V30, and wanted to see about switching to it from my heavy/tall Note 8. And it seems all is good, but the dang Bluetooth is irritating me. I use a Gear S3, a LG neck headset, and my car bluetooth. I been noticing the LG doesn't like to be connected to more than two devices, and it won't connect to my car automatically or the headset without me manually disconnecting one and connecting the other. And when the car disconnects the headset doesn't automatically reconnect. My Note 8 never had these issues and just worked.

Anyone have any ideas? I just set it up yesterday so it is new.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth isn't like 3G. It's not a single, agreed-upon standard, it's a method of getting data from point A to point B. Beyond that, it's a matter of profiles. LG and Samsung don't use the same profiles (or they'd be in a huge copyright infringement lawsuit), so they work differently. Unless someone else has figured out a way to get his V30 to do what you want, about all you can do is experiment. Turn the car off, turn Bluetooth in the phone off, then on and see if it connects to the headset. Things like that.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Bluetooth isn't like 3G. It's not a single, agreed-upon standard, it's a method of getting data from point A to point B. Beyond that, it's a matter of profiles. LG and Samsung don't use the same profiles (or they'd be in a huge copyright infringement lawsuit), so they work differently. Unless someone else has figured out a way to get his V30 to do what you want, about all you can do is experiment. Turn the car off, turn Bluetooth in the phone off, then on and see if it connects to the headset. Things like that.

Thanks. It seems it started to behave this afternoon now. The car radio takes a bit to connect, but all 3 were connected and my watch stayed stable as well.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth isn't like 3G. It's not a single, agreed-upon standard, it's a method of getting data from point A to point B. Beyond that, it's a matter of profiles. LG and Samsung don't use the same profiles (or they'd be in a huge copyright infringement lawsuit), so they work differently...

I hadn't realized that. It explains why Bluetooth is such an unreliable mess:D

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth could be the single most annoying technology I am forced to interact with on a daily basis. when it works it is great but when it doesnt it makes you want to lose your sh*t. for example, currently playing music to my expensive Sony Bluetooth speaker and every 30 seconds the sound cuts out for a split second. I tried rebooting my phone, the speaker...nothing helps. Now it doesn't do this all the time which you would think "hey at least it doesn't happen all the time!"

no, that is NOT good enough. Bluetooth is awful and needs to be dumped. There has got to be a better way to handle wireless data transfers. Our phones are super fast and powerful now but we're still stuck with the same old awful Bluetooth. "but Bluetooth 5.0 will save us!". WRONG. It doesn't help with connection strength at ..all.

Give me all your tired excuses but the fact remains...it is horrible.

Case in point- I bought supposedly the best wireless headphones (Jabra elite 65t) and they still don't pass the back pocket test. Go for a walk with my phone in the back left pocket and out cuts Bluetooth. Why is this so hard? If Bluetooth has such a problem going through bodies...it's time to dump it!

turn your head a certain way...out goes Bluetooth. stand by a microwave...out goes Bluetooth.

I'm thankful I at least have a headphone jack. Maybe Apples W2 chip solves these types of BS problems? if it does, sign me up! I have been faithful Android user for about 4 years but the sorry state of Bluetooth on Android makes me want to jump ship.

Sorry I'm just pissed. Music means a lot to me and dealing with annoying technology while I just want to jam makes me want to tear the rest of my hair out.

/Rant