So I just got my new LG V30 today from T-Mobile in the mail. While going through the initial setup process and everything and shortly after, I noticed I started out with 69% battery. It seems to be dropping quite quickly. This concerns me as I have only had this phone on 20 minutes. It dropped to 55%. I had a previous V30 that was defective so I returned it but this phone is brand new. Is this normal? I didn't notice this issue in my previous V30. It had great battery life Could this be from all the apps running in the background trying to install/update themselves? I also don't have my sim card in the phone yet and it is running via wifi.
    06-07-2018 02:15 PM
    Just to be sure -- the phone was billed as brand new and not refurbished, correct?

Battery certainly can drain more quickly during the first day or so due to lots of CPU-intensive activity like app installation, system updates, etc. But I agree, that drain seems a bit excessive. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time)
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).

It probably won't help, but see what happens if you turn on Airplane Mode (while you don't have a SIM). You can always turn wi-fi back on.
    06-08-2018 12:42 AM
    Just to be sure -- the phone was billed as brand new and not refurbished, correct?

Battery certainly can drain more quickly during the first day or so due to lots of CPU-intensive activity like app installation, system updates, etc. But I agree, that drain seems a bit excessive. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time)
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).

It probably won't help, but see what happens if you turn on Airplane Mode (while you don't have a SIM). You can always turn wi-fi back on.
    Well, the battery life has certainly gotten much better.

Is this normal?-xvhge08.jpg

Is this normal?-78lghla.jpg

Is this normal?-dy6nbug.jpg

I am a bit concerned that this is a refurbished phone though when it should be brand new. Recently looking up info on my IMEI, it appears that phone's age is 3 months, 1 week and 5 days. It was manufactured 2-28-18 and shipped from factory 3-6-18. I don't know if this is normal or not? Wouldn't a phone's age be from the time I turned it on if it was brand new? Also... when I received it, the manufacturers seal on the box oddly had two on top of each other... never seen that before. Rather odd/suspicious if you ask me...
    06-08-2018 11:59 PM
    From my experiences with new fones and doing factory resets on those fones I don't know anyone could claim what you are experiencing isn't normal. I just assume the CPU is grinding away having to deal with the setup. I generally find battery life to be poor and unpredictable for the first 2-4 days of a new fone.
    06-09-2018 06:23 AM
    You are likely downloading a bunch of apps, installing them. The phone is not sure about your app usage, yet. After the first several says the battery life should settle down and be quite good. I regularly get 2 days between charges on mine.
    06-11-2018 08:00 AM