LG V30+ Quad DAC, please HELP, need advice

FeederEater

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I am struggling with something and i need advice.
My LG V30+ is not showing headphone modes (high impedance, normal etc). I tried looking for the cause but i couldnt find it. I dont have many headphones but i tried different LG headphones that came with my G4, G FLex 2, including B&O ones that came with V30, and one cheap chinese headphones and non of them showed any modes (i tried connecting it to car with AUX as well).

The thing is that i am planning to buy Sennheiser HD 599 but i am not sure what is wrong with my V30. I dont remember that ever showing up before i upgraded to Oreo? Is it that it actually turns modes on but doesnt show them? I am afraid that i will spend 150 euros and wont be able to trigger high impedance mode (or any other). I need your help, does anyone actually has the same problem? Here are some pics if anyone couldnt understand what i am asking (left pic is my phone, right is some pic from internet).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-16-12-09-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-06-16-12-09-35.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Quad-DAC-main-menu.jpg
    Quad-DAC-main-menu.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, everything is automated and it'll match the output to whatever is connected. If it's like the V20, you may have to turn it on from the quick toggle settings. For example, it's off default unless something is plugged in. If I am plugged into my car stereo and connect my Bluetooth headset, it'll also disable the Hi-Fi mode for some reason even though the headset isn't set to stream media audio.Capture%2B_2018-06-16-09-42-57.jpg

FeederEater

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Just to be clear, this is the screen i get after plugging my headphones in (or any other thing i mentioned) and turning DAC on (as you cant use DAC unless you have something plugged in). But as i said, i tried many things and non of them triggered any mode. It might be that it now automatically changes mod without saying it (i dont remember it while using 7.1.2 either though, but that might be bcs i used wireless ones mostly).

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
The guys on the LG V30 thread at head-fi.org, the thread has like 200 pages, maybe 20 pages ago we're all discussing a trick for the quad DAC which is plugging in high impedance headphones to trigger that highly sensitive mode, then unplugging at some point and replugginh another set of cans. Do you have a set of high end cans u can borrow for a moment from a friend and see if it triggers anything?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am struggling with something and i need advice.
My LG V30+ is not showing headphone modes (high impedance, normal etc). I tried looking for the cause but i couldnt find it. I dont have many headphones but i tried different LG headphones that came with my G4, G FLex 2, including B&O ones that came with V30, and one cheap chinese headphones and non of them showed any modes (i tried connecting it to car with AUX as well).

The thing is that i am planning to buy Sennheiser HD 599 but i am not sure what is wrong with my V30. I dont remember that ever showing up before i upgraded to Oreo? Is it that it actually turns modes on but doesnt show them? I am afraid that i will spend 150 euros and wont be able to trigger high impedance mode (or any other). I need your help, does anyone actually has the same problem? Here are some pics if anyone couldnt understand what i am asking (left pic is my phone, right is some pic from internet).

Your phone is working normallly. The DAC is on and matched to your headphones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear, this is the screen i get after plugging my headphones in (or any other thing i mentioned) and turning DAC on (as you cant use DAC unless you have something plugged in). But as i said, i tried many things and non of them triggered any mode. It might be that it now automatically changes mod without saying it (i dont remember it while using 7.1.2 either though, but that might be bcs i used wireless ones mostly).

It's normal....

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well you don't have any high impedance headsets to begin with, so if it's only matched to the headset then those options should appear at all. It's very rare I think to see any IEMs to be high impedance.

FeederEater

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, i will visit today some shops to see if there are any high impedance headphones i can try (you can rarely find shops with them here). Why i started this whole thread isn't just because of high impedance mode, but rather that i am not getting neither "normal headphones" mode or "external device" :/

Last edited:

DragulaROB

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
There are two hacks to trigger the higher gain mode for all headphones.

1) Unplug the headphones from the cable. Plug the cable in the phone. Plug your headphones back to the cable.

2) Use any shory extension cord and plug it first. THEN plug your headphones to that cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888