LG V30+ vs Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Heyye

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Which one do you recommend (camera, battery, screen, cpu vs)? But for me the most important is the camera performance. Please suggest one of them. I will open this thread both LG and Huawei forums. If this is forbidden, please remove one of them. Thank you in advance. Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
LG v30 camera is not it's strong suit. Incredible phone, but camera is a step down from the likes of Samsung and iPhone.

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's a step down from either. They look equal to me. The V30 definitely has more options.
I disagree man. Maybe I have a defective device but of all the phones in our house, iPhone 7 plus, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S4, and LG v30, iPhone is very easily the best camera picture quality on auto-mode, and the v30 easily the worst in auto-mode imo of those 4 phones.

Having said that I'd never want to have an iPhone as my daily phone, other than for the crisp detailed stunning photos it takes.

The Samsungs are nice but are absolute junk for battery life. For me owning Galaxy phones meant either always bring a wall charger to work or your phone will die before you get home.

The v30 with a nearly useless camera but incredible battery life, and it's wonderful DAC has changed my priorities for now in selecting a smartphone. I'd hate to go back to baby sitting the battery and also tethering headphone amps with rubber bands to my phone. The v30 is too good for me to go back to other phones.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get those that say the V30 camera is that bad. I've been able to get some really nice pics with it in auto mode. I'm not saying it's the best camera, as my wife's S9+ seems to beat it out in most scenarios, but the V30 doesn't take terrible shots.

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I think it's me. I've seen others complain that it's not the best but I see it as even less than that. I'd hate to **** in anyone's cornflakes if they are excited about something, but if we're being honest, imo the v30+ is the best phone I've had but the camera doesn't stack up. Maybe I do have a defective camera in my v30+.

You know, I've owned two previous low end, yet very charming LG devices. The Tribute 1 and Tribute 2. Both had terrible cameras which was to be expected at that kind of price tag but Tribute 1 had a great build quality and Tribute 2 had the best Android experience I've used yet.

I then moved onto Samsungs with their world class screens and cameras good enough to just randomly point and shoot and get stunners photos. Then my gf got the iPhone 6 and then 7 both taking killer photos.

So i guess I'm jaded by past experiences but the fact is I just can't get a photo that isnt blurred somewhere on the picture and that doesn't turn into a smeared mess the moment you zoom in to look at something in the photo.

I found this post by another user. The first photo is exactly what my photos that I'm getting look like.

I bought this phone last year and i'm disappointed with its low quality of camera.The LG camera app applies a weird anti noise filter on every photo makes them smudgy. Installing Google Camera.apk made it lot better you can clearly see differences. Forget to add zoom level is same in both photosView attachment 285123View attachment 285124

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I was able to get some nice shots in manual mode. Here's an example. Quite impressive that you can get something like this from a phone.

64adc8de6b2c3d8f8f7d7189b17bd2a0.jpg