V30 or stick to my V10

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
yes I still have a V10, Verizon has the V30 for 50% off right now.
Should I upgrade?
Yes! I have two reasons why I upgrade and that is one right there! 50% is a "too good of a deal to miss" opportunity!

We're going to have to move up eventually. The other reason I upgrade is performance based. My v20 works spectacularly but that's not going to stay the case forever. Good luck!

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I would look at other devices because I also got mine for a good deal through sprint lease. However it doesn't at all feel like the V series of the past V10 and V20 if I could go back I would have gotten a V20 for a great deal on Amazon to hold me over

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would look at other devices because I also got mine for a good deal through sprint lease. However it doesn't at all feel like the V series of the past V10 and V20 if I could go back I would have gotten a V20 for a great deal on Amazon to hold me over
Thanks for sharing since I'm still on my v20.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Other devices like what? A Samsung 😂

Mezzanine7

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site
I love my V10 too especially the removable battery, but it seems like my phone is hot like 24/7 Idk if it's an app I have or the fact that it's an old phone

The removal battery is a plus. A rarity these days. That could be an app causing your phone to do that. Have you tried booting in safe mode and seeing if it still does the same?

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
yes I still have a V10, Verizon has the V30 for 50% off right now.
Should I upgrade?

I would look at Amazons unlocked V35 ThinQ, before making your final decision. It is more expensive, but it has more a faster chip and more RAM. VoLTE will work with Verizon, but WiFi calling will not. You may be better off spending less and getting the V35. I personally like it, there are Amazon apps that you cannot uninstall, however, I install them anyways, so not a big deal for me. I am not sure of all the features Verizon blocks, but things like FM radio work, if you listen to it.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I would look at Amazons unlocked V35 ThinQ, before making your final decision. It is more expensive, but it has more a faster chip and more RAM. VoLTE will work with Verizon, but WiFi calling will not. You may be better off spending less and getting the V35. I personally like it, there are Amazon apps that you cannot uninstall, however, I install them anyways, so not a big deal for me. I am not sure of all the features Verizon blocks, but things like FM radio work, if you listen to it.

I don't know about the V35, but Verizon doesn't block the FM radio on the V30. They just don't include an interface. With a third party app (like NextRadio) you get FM radio just fine

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is hot, then that is a red flag. How hot are we talking - is it just a little warm or is it too hot to touch or along those lines?

Also, have you made a decision yet, OP? The V10 is an awesome phone - I can certainly understand why you'd be inclined to keep it. But if it's getting hot, and Safe Mode/deleting apps do not help, I'd recommend putting it out to pasture and getting a new device - for your safety, primarily.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about the V35, but Verizon doesn't block the FM radio on the V30. They just don't include an interface. With a third party app (like NextRadio) you get FM radio just fine

Is your V30 a Verizon model?
The radio didn't work for me on Verizon when it was released. Next radio was streaming, not live FM. Did something change?

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Is your V30 a Verizon model?
The radio didn't work for me on Verizon when it was released. Next radio was streaming, not live FM. Did something change?

Yes. Verizon Model. I haven't played with the radio for a while, but I remember it being a bit tricky to get it live vs steaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude