So I an torn between these two phones. Samsung Galaxy 9+ and LG V30

What really matters to me is:

Battery life when using

Standby battery life

Audio quality when wired

Smoothness of skin (lag issues?)

I know people here will be mainly partisan to the LG V30 phone but I really would like to learn of any objective opinions relating to experiences had with these two phones. Appreciate any insights on this thanks!
    kal_el_5011 likes this.
    10-05-2018 03:41 PM
    So I an torn between these two phones. Samsung Galaxy 9+ and LG V30

What really matters to me is:

Battery life when using

Standby battery life

Audio quality when wired

Smoothness of skin (lag issues?)

I know people here will be mainly partisan to the LG V30 phone but I really would like to learn of any objective opinions relating to experiences had with these two phones. Appreciate any insights on this thanks!
    I'd say, when you make your decision, wait until black Friday in a little over a month.
    10-05-2018 04:47 PM
    I'd say, when you make your decision, wait until black Friday in a little over a month.
    Thanks for reply doesn't matter to me as I am getting a subsidised carrier version in a plan not paying full price. Both are $0 on contract.
    10-05-2018 08:22 PM
    Thanks for reply doesn't matter to me as I am getting a subsidised carrier version in a plan not paying full price. Both are $0 on contract.
    Share the love, who is the carrier?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-05-2018 09:37 PM
    My wife has the S9+ and I have the V30. The S9+ camera is a little better. S9+ selfie cam is a lot better. The S9+ gets better cell signal than the V30.
    I do like my V30 software a lot better than the S9+. Lg's spin on android seems so much cleaner and less intrusive. The V30 feels a lot better in the hand to me. It is just the perfect size and weight. I'm not a big fan of the curved screen on the Galaxy. To me it is a gimmick, and makes the phone more fragile. The V30 has a slight curve, but at least a case protects the V30 's screen better due to less of a curve.

Both phones are great, and you really can't go wrong. I may be getting rid of my V30 though, due to the signal strength issue, and my work being in a poor signal area. Other than that, I personally prefer the V30 for its feel and software.
    10-06-2018 07:27 AM
    Share the love, who is the carrier?
    Bell in Canada... actually on the front screen of webpage it says Samsung 9+ is $300 but when I log in it says it is $99. The V30 is $0 both on public page and user page.
    kal_el_5011 likes this.
    10-07-2018 08:58 AM
    My wife has the S9+ and I have the V30. The S9+ camera is a little better. S9+ selfie cam is a lot better. The S9+ gets better cell signal than the V30.
    I do like my V30 software a lot better than the S9+. Lg's spin on android seems so much cleaner and less intrusive. The V30 feels a lot better in the hand to me. It is just the perfect size and weight. I'm not a big fan of the curved screen on the Galaxy. To me it is a gimmick, and makes the phone more fragile. The V30 has a slight curve, but at least a case protects the V30 's screen better due to less of a curve.

Both phones are great, and you really can't go wrong. I may be getting rid of my V30 though, due to the signal strength issue, and my work being in a poor signal area. Other than that, I personally prefer the V30 for its feel and software.
    Thanks for detailed reply, what about standby battery performance? I heard S9+ has horrible battery standby performance. But really good active usage battery performance. Which sounds strange to me that it is better at battery management than when it is in standby/idle mode.

As for phone signal have you tried changing it to regular 4G instead of 4G LTE.

If your network is like mine then I find regular 4G gives me much better signal than LTE connection. And the difference between 4g and LTE for me is small especially with internet...
    10-07-2018 09:04 AM
    Yes, I did try the 4G switch, and yes it did make the phones signal a little better, data was so slow using it. I actually called AT&T a while back, and they swapped V30's for me to see if it was a phone problem, and while it seemed a little bit better, it still doesn't come close to the Galaxy.
    As for stand by battery, I'm not really sure. My wife is a lite user, and can go two days on a charge though. I would say 90% of the time, she is not using the phone.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    10-08-2018 09:47 AM
    Well from what I have heard the V30 was optimised really well and still beats many 2018 phones. The downside is that it uses last year's tech so I won't be able to achieve the top top performance that a 2018 Snapdragon 845 processors can provide.... Although I am still rocking 2016 HTC 10 and it seems fine running 2018 apps.
    10-08-2018 10:56 AM