LG calender app not syncing tasks with Google account

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
For some reason i can't get the built it calender app to sync with my tasks under google account is this is known issue or is it something specific to my setup?

When I go to accounts and sync it shows that calender is syncing but tasks is not.

I'd appreciate if someone could let me know if they have their tasks syncing with the built in calender app thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the Google Calendar app on my Pixel 2 XL, I can only access the Reminders calendar, not Tasks. Tasks is only available on the web interface. Are you sure the Tasks you see on your Calendar app is associated with your Google Calendar, or could it be associated with the Phone account (or "My Calendar")?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

This is the message i get on my phone about waiting for synced accounts... It never does though. There is actually an official Google app for tasks bout that doesn't have a widget yet. Whereas the LG one doors have a widget.

I actually installed the Google tasks app and when you do the tasks element appears under my Google account and sync. When i uninstalled the tasks app it right tasks element disappeared from my Google account.

Maybe i will remove the Google account and readd it...i think this happened before with calender element of my Google account.

There is another 3rd party app called calender+ that does the job but i wanted to limit my dependscy on third party apps..

41ca6eb740ab0e4530e364fb88920323.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe the Google Tasks app is just a simple interface for the old Tasks feature that's related to Gmail. I have the Google Tasks app installed, and it still doesn't show up in the my Google Calendar app. I suspect that screenshot you showed is related to an LG tasks feature, not the Google Tasks feature, but I can't be sure.

Can you show a screenshot of the various calendars available to display in the Calendar app? Make sure to blank out any identifying email address information, for your own privacy (but keep the "gmail.com" part, so we can easily see which calendars belong to the Google account and which don't).

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes the official Google tasks app is great, I don't have a problem and it displays my tasks as it should.

And yes the screenshot I posted in the last post is from the built-in official LG calender app which supposedly can interface with my Google account and show my tasks just like the official Google task app does. However when I try I get that message which basically tells me to try later.

I've tried everything, calendar part works well 100% no issues within the LG calender app and As I said accessing my Google tasks part works well 100% when using the official Google tasks app, its just the LG calender app which doesn't seem to want to work with my Google account to access my tasks.

I know I'm jumping the gun here but could it be that there probably am issue with the update to Oreo has broken this feature for the LG V30?

1ecf2a1977dcc62ac46c3c111cacc64e.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you see Tasks listed under any of the calendars in that list? Is that the whole list, or can you scroll down further?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Tasks is not listed under any of the calendars... Anyways it is ok I gave up and installed acalender+ which fulfills all my needs.

I think LG need to update this calendet app to fully support Google tasks. ACalendar+ app does this with no problems.

It would have been nice to have used the lg calendar app as it would have cut down on the memory footprint. 3rd party apps are great but for me if the built in one does a good enough job then I try to use it. Especially as OEMs make it difficult to uninstall or disable the built in ones! Thanks for your help anyways!
Do you see Tasks listed under any of the calendars in that list? Is that the whole list, or can you scroll down further?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800