V30 screen not turning on quickly

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Two days ago my new V30 (2 weeks old) began exhibiting some frustrating behavior when I try to turn the screen on. When it has been in unused for a while (10 minutes or so), I get a major delay when I try to turn the screen on. Whether I use the power button or the Knock On feature, it doesn't respond. I have to double tap the screen or press the button several times before the screen responds.

This seems to occur randomly. It didn't do this before a couple days ago, and I have not changed any settings on it nor installed any new apps in that time. I turn the phone off most nights, so I doubt it's because of to much stuff being loaded in memory. It worked fine when I went to the store this morning, but when I got home it did it again.

What should I be looking at?

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Does this happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36664. If not, then something you installed is likely causing the issue (but if you don't already have a culprit in mind, you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away).
I haven't tried Safe Mode because it happens so randomly (maybe 3 times in the past couple of days). Plus, why would an app cause this problem after almost 2 weeks, but not before?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It can be difficult to rule out some issue that might have been introduced with an update to the app, or possibly to an update to a system component (like Google Play Services, which gets updated silently in the background). But I agree with your point -- it's hard to pinpoint this kind of thing if it's pretty infrequent.