Hi everyone,

I'm writing this on behalf of my partner who recently got an LG V30+. (Even though I have the same phone, I can't help them and so I'm hoping someone here can.)

So when they bought their phone brand new, it came unlocked and loaded with some default stock Google apps and features. (I got mine from T-Mobile and so mine didn't.)

One of them is the messaging / SMS feature. While mine is default LG, theirs is Google and when we went into the default settings menu (Apps and Notifications, Default apps) the default "Messaging" doesn't exist (which is what I have).

What's going on?!

They'd like to use LG's default app like I do.

Given that there's no option for the phone's own default messaging app, can they and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

For reference, we're in the USA and mine is from T-Mobile while theirs came unlocked and not through any carrier.
    12-14-2018 02:18 PM
    If the app exists in the Play Store (or LG store if that exists), then they can download it and once run for the first time, it should ask if you want to make that the default messaging app. Same thing with any other 3rd party messaging app like Pulse (my recommendation) or Textra (my second recommendation...if they only had web-texting ).
    12-14-2018 02:38 PM
    There is a good chance that your SMS app is actually from T-Mobile, not LG, which might explain why his unlocked phone does not have that SMS app.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    12-14-2018 04:04 PM
    Probably you got an international or it doesn't have the LG overlay? I have TMobile too and I see the attached pictures options. You would need to find the LG messaging app to install, or another similar app you both like. If you look on xda developers site they may have the app for the v30.
    12-14-2018 05:47 PM