Who still uses the LG V30?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I am with the V30 still and dig it. I don't think I could get used to the notch on v40 or V50...

Question: if you turn the notch off on the V40 what is the screen size? Does it compare to the V30? From what I can see spec wise they are about the exact same width, just that the V40 is taller.
You cannot actually disable the notch. You can only make it black, but the notifications still appear at the top to the sides of the notch. That being said, it's still a bit taller I think. I'll take a picture with my V20 when I get home of my V30 next to wifey's V40 with the notch "turned off".

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
You cannot actually disable the notch. You can only make it black, but the notifications still appear at the top to the sides of the notch. That being said, it's still a bit taller I think. I'll take a picture with my V20 when I get home of my V30 next to wifey's V40 with the notch "turned off".

Awesome - thanks. I've been trying to find how close they are in size when the notch is turned off. I imagine still a bit taller, but not by much.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Still have and use my V30 right now, but I am jumping ship to the Note 10+.
I have had mine for almost 2 years and want to upgrade. The V50 was my first choice but the specs on the 10 were double ram and memory for 4 dollars more a month with Verizon.
I'm still keeping my V30 as a great backup.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Still have and use my V30 right now, but I am jumping ship to the Note 10+.
I have had mine for almost 2 years and want to upgrade. The V50 was my first choice but the specs on the 10 were double ram and memory for 4 dollars more a month with Verizon.
I'm still keeping my V30 as a great backup.
No headphone jack on the Note 10+

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I still use mine. I already had my phone replaced under second year promise for screen discoloration at medium brightness. Hoping the V60 will be a phone I want.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a battery case for this phone, I'm still getting good battery life but got the battery case for the future when the internal battery inevitably degrades.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I got mine the day they were released and still enjoying it. Even dropped it in the ocean a year ago with no ill affects. I did replace the lens cover myself, after it fell on the pavement.
It is payed off, and I'm starting to look at new phones, but nothing really excites me. Definitely want headphone jack and expandable memory. Software updates are overrated to me, and way down my list of important features. When/if I do replace the V30 I'll keep it as a music player.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I purchased the LG V30 in early June of last year and have been using it until recently when I upgraded to the S9 Plus. I have a certain amount of time until I can return my new phone and honestly, I'm not so sure its a worth while upgrade. All that being said, who else is refusing to upgrade their V30 and keep it til it dies? I might be doing that as well.

A few things I really enjoy about the V30 that really stick out over the S9 Plus for me:

1. - The design. I really enjoy the physical design of this phone. It's a lot more comfortable to hold in the hand and more pleasant to look at IMO.

2. The battery life. Man oh man, the battery on the LG V30 is a amazing. Granted, I wouldn't keep it on full brightness. Usually like 80%, but the battery literally lasted all day. From 5AM til 1030 PM when I go to bed.

3. LG's UI - I must be one of the only ones who's more of a fan of LG's android skins and user interface compared to Samsungs. There doesn't seem to be as much bloatware and it seems less cluttered IMO.

I've had my V30 since launch. It's been perfect in every way except 1 thing. I bought a couple of wyzecams for the house, and all was working flawlessly until wyze had an issue with later model cameras not hooking up to phones away from your home wifi. Unfortunately the fix they gave works on all other phones in my home except the V30. Wyze tried everything they could to fix, but just could not get those cameras to work on my Vista away from my home.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to compare my V30 with new phones and I was unable to find a phone that offered so much in such a beautiful package like the V30. So I'm kerping it.

I agree, My V30 is my work phone, I do not work in an office, I'm out doing field service all day this phone is 2 years old, I really don't take care of it and it just keeps working. Battery life is just as good as it was new, and still outlasts my Note 9.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Anybody here know if AT&T supports WFC on the AT&T carrier version of the V30 still. I know it’s supposed to but hypothetical and reality don’t always overlap in the AT&T Uverse and yes I see what I did there... LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21