I've had my V30 since launch and it's been flawless. Really, I love this phone. I've gone and compared it with all 9f today's devices, and while the newer phones have faster guts, it was so un-noticeable, that I just felt no need to upgrade. The V30 has a no notch, beautiful screen, that incredible dac with headphone jack, an all day battery, and great camera. So why am I going to look elsewhere when it's time? Because LG just drags their feet with updates. They build a great product, then forget about you. Well, I vented.
    RaRa85, Morty2264 and aximtreo like this.
    07-07-2019 03:07 PM
    I am in complete agreement with you on all counts! I have had LG phones since the G2 and all were great for me. If not for slow updates I would stay for my next phone purchase. Upgrades were never fast with LG, but they were never this far behind for me. Sorry LG, but this is unacceptable, as a consumer I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

I vented as well🍻
    07-07-2019 04:39 PM
    I had the LG Optimus G up through the G5. The Nexus 5 was in there as well. My first Samsung was the S8. Skipped the S9 and I'm on the S10 currently. If the S12 skips the headphone jack (something LG seems commented too) I'll jump back in a heartbeat.
    07-07-2019 04:52 PM
    I'm staying with the V20 for now and thinking of possibly getting the V50 next, since I love the DAC on the LG V-series. That is more important to me than updates.
    07-07-2019 07:18 PM
    New security updates happen every few months.

Given the amount of complaints each major OS upgrade gets, not getting them quickly might be a blessing, maybe?

I love the features of my V30, especially the DAC. I also like the relative cleanness of the LG version of the OS.

I can easily see going at least another year with this phone.
    07-07-2019 08:25 PM
    Agreed. Be careful of what you wish for with those updates. Lots of posts on Samsung phones asking how to go back to an earlier version after major updates.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-09-2019 07:23 PM
    The V30 is truly a spectacular device. I knew I would've been happy with it had I purchased it. That is one of the drawbacks with LG. I love their products, but software updates are kind of slow. Some dislike how dated their hardware is too, but I've personally loved all iterations of the phone aesthetic-/hardware-wise save for the LG G5.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    07-09-2019 08:43 PM
    I'm staying with the V20 for now and thinking of possibly getting the V50 next, since I love the DAC on the LG V-series. That is more important to me than updates.
    Ditto, except I'm not even considering the V50. Updates have become overrated in my opinion.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    07-09-2019 10:53 PM
    I feel like updates are significant, but as long as you get 'em eventually, sometimes that's all that matters!
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2019 07:23 AM
    Just purchased the V40 to replace my G7 as my second phone. I have the iPhone S Max as my DD driver but plan to give the V40 a serious chance of becoming my DD.

Prime reason for going with Android is the overall cost of hardware between LG and Apple. It took me years to reach the conclusion that I don't need the latest and greatest every few months. The S Max cost me $1200. The LG V40 cost me $300. Even at my age, this seems a no brainer.

Did I mention the rediculous difference in the price differential between thr V40 and the S Max. Remind me and I'll mention it in a future posting.
    07-10-2019 08:22 AM
    Just purchased the V40 to replace my G7 as my second phone. I have the iPhone S Max as my DD driver but plan to give the V40 a serious chance of becoming my DD.

Prime reason for going with Android is the overall cost of hardware between LG and Apple. It took me years to reach the conclusion that I don't need the latest and greatest every few months. The S Max cost me $1200. The LG V40 cost me $300. Even at my age, this seems a no brainer.

Did I mention the rediculous difference in the price differential between thr V40 and the S Max. Remind me and I'll mention it in a future posting.
    The price of an iPhone S Max and the entire X line is astronomical. If I were to buy the iPhone XS Max through my carrier, it would cost me $1770 CAD. That's over two months' rent. Disgusting. And disturbing.
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2019 06:59 PM