Missed call notification

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

LGV30 does not show missed call notifications or voicemails on home screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select Phone, and then Notifications. Are those options toggled on?

GotVic

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
My wife's phone is having the same problem (LG V30).

Settings > General > Apps & Notifications

Phone app does not show up under App Info, or under Notifications > Apps

I've got a Note, so not very familiar with this phone.

She missed some pretty important phone calls today. Apparently the missed call notifications hasn't worked since the last update on 10/5.

She also can't check voicemail. Password is requiring 7 digits, but the reset is only giving her the option for a 4 digit passcode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Voicemail is through the carrier -- it shouldn't be dependent on the phone's firmware or any updates to it. You may want to contact her carrier about this issue.

GotVic

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Regarding the voicemail, yes, it's an ATT problem. Apparently they're having nationwide voicemail problems. Not affecting everyone, but those that are having problems, such as us, are given no ETA to a resolution. Some people have been without voicemail since 10/1. People are filing FCC complaints.

Still don't know about the notifications though.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Regarding the voicemail, yes, it's an ATT problem. Apparently they're having nationwide voicemail problems. Not affecting everyone, but those that are having problems, such as us, are given no ETA to a resolution. Some people have been without voicemail since 10/1. People are filing FCC complaints.

Still don't know about the notifications though.

Yes, ATT's forums are full of questions and very short on answers, which should come as no surprise to anyone.

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
My wife's phone is having the same problem (LG V30).

Settings > General > Apps & Notifications

Phone app does not show up under App Info, or under Notifications > Apps

I'm having the same issue. I also can't find Phone notification settings.

WAHamster

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing on my Wife's phone. Long pressing the Phone icon on the Home screen does let me get to the info screen, where it tells me that Contacts is the default Phone app, and when trying to set it to something different, there is nothing -- only Contacts is available.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
For the two LG phones I have had, the Dialer and Contacts and Groups and Call Log are all just tabs in the same app.

Visual Voicemail is the standard voicemail app for ATT-branded phones.

Given that this thread is a year old and about a system-wide voicemail problem at that time, it might be best to start a new thread with a detailed explanation of the problem WAHamster is currently having.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21