09-12-2018 10:22 AM
69 123
tools
    Screen is much better on the V35 vs. the V30, which I thought was the only weak spot on an otherwise great phone
    Really? I have v30+ and think the screen looks amazing. For example, I've always used Samsung which had that super saturated contrasty screen that looked breathtaking, but it when switching to v30+ was I noticing the tiniest little details in icons of the pull down screen and in logos in YouTube videos. I'm seeing incredibly fine detail with v30+.

To me the only weak spot on v30+ is the camera. Personally I find it is a total dud.

This photo taken from another thread sums it up. Take a photo, looks OK-ish, but the moment you zoom in, upon viewing it later it's junk. Took a picture if my gf's cat, the fur looks like foam.

I bought this phone last year and i'm disappointed with its low quality of camera.The LG camera app applies a weird anti noise filter on every photo makes them smudgy. Installing Google Camera.apk made it lot better you can clearly see differences. Forget to add zoom level is same in both photosAttachment 285123Attachment 285124
    06-16-2018 09:48 AM
    So much for plans. Today the wife and I decided to switch to Verizon. I looked at the v30 but it seemed laggy to me. I wanted to look at the g7 but they didn't have one that I could find on display. I looked at the Pixel 2 XL and loved it (always loved my Nexus 5 despite it's shortcomings). I got the XL 2. I really wanted the v35 or an LG phone but it feels so good to type this on stock Android again. I haven't found a shortcoming with this phone yet and the battery life, on screen time looks to be 10+ hours after a full charge on wifi. Insane.
    rfan8312 likes this.
    06-16-2018 10:12 PM
    yes. my v20 got the bootloop error last weekend. I upgraded to the v35.
    06-17-2018 08:12 AM
    Really? I have v30+ and think the screen looks amazing. For example, I've always used Samsung which had that super saturated contrasty screen that looked breathtaking, but it when switching to v30+ was I noticing the tiniest little details in icons of the pull down screen and in logos in YouTube videos. I'm seeing incredibly fine detail with v30+.

To me the only weak spot on v30+ is the camera. Personally I find it is a total dud.

This photo taken from another thread sums it up. Take a photo, looks OK-ish, but the moment you zoom in, upon viewing it later it's junk. Took a picture if my gf's cat, the fur looks like foam.
    I can't speak to the V30+ screen only the V30 which I had AT&T replace twice and LG once for the grainy screen and color shifting issue. My V35 is on point so far with no screen or camera issues
    06-18-2018 08:27 AM
    I've had and seen waterproof phones fail.. the Galaxy S7 Active had a defect and people's phones were getting water damaged. Samsung actually does NOT advertise using the phone underwater (anymore) because they keep getting slammed for false claims. Salt walter and chlorine water will damage the phone's parts, corrode the metal parts. Your best bet is a sealed waterproof bag, much more reliable and protects the phone completely, while still allowing photos to be taken. The waterproof feature is for rainy weather and accidental spills. I wouldn't trust a $900 phone near water even if it is IP68 rated, maybe splashes are OK.
    Your best bet is to buy an underwater camera. I wouldn't trust my phone in a bag either.
    06-18-2018 09:24 AM
    Would need a 3500+ battery to interest me.
    Take a look at GSMArena and PhoneArena battery life tests of the V30 against the majority if the flagships you can name and tell me what you think.
    06-20-2018 03:14 PM
    I can't speak to the V30+ screen only the V30 which I had AT&T replace twice and LG once for the grainy screen and color shifting issue. My V35 is on point so far with no screen or camera issues
    Hi All - new here and wanted to hop on as a I just bought (well less than 2 weeks ago) an LG V35 from AT&T. Took advantage of that $400 trade in and so far I've been very mixed on the phone.

The camera, as someone else had sad, leaves a lot to be desired, picture quality is ok and the responsiveness of button press to taking the picture is very laggy. Even my wife when using the phone to grab some pics of the kids said "why is it taking so long to take a picture?". Coming from a Pixel XL definitely very noticeable.

Audio quality is amazing, both when using the DAC for listening to music and in taking calls in general. One of the biggest reasons I got the phone and not let down there.

By far my biggest concern is the battery; on a normal day with some light game and music use it's only lasting me from about 8am - 6:30pm and I have to charge it right when I get home. Last night though after fully charging it I used it for about 20m before bed for just email checking and the battery dropped 10%. Put the phone to sleep, went to bed, and this morning it was totally dead.

Now I'm fast charging it and it's at like 20% and won't turn on. Not sure if I've got a dud or what but since I just bought it less than 2 weeks ago I'm hoping AT&T will make it easy to swap it for a new one.
    If not I guess the S9+ would probably be the safest bet for now but my whole reason for going to AT&T was V35 credit trade in.

Anyone had less than awesome experiences with the phone so far?
    06-21-2018 09:05 AM
    Are you using. Power saving mode on your v35? That makes a big difference.
    06-21-2018 11:32 PM
    I too was checking this phone out. Price I think is a bit high, probably wait a little while. Other than that I have heard that the LG updates, support etc suck? Is that true? Lastly. Does the camera compare to say the S9, Sony Xz2, pixel 2 etc? Otherwise the phone has great specs. I just can't decide.
    06-22-2018 10:55 AM
    Hmm that is interesting. I found that my battery life has been pretty good. Much better the my G6 or V20. Stand by time has been the biggest difference.

When I was actually monitoring the battery usage I had 22 hours since the last charge with 5+ hours 9f screen on time and 26% remaining.. I'll take that any day.
    06-22-2018 11:46 AM
    I just came back from checking this phone out at a local AT&T store. Am I missing something, or did LG remove the default high contrast theme that is on the V30? Also, I noticed a Home and Theme option under the Display settings, that allows you to customize wallpapers, themes, fonts, and the AOD, just like Samsung does, which is a good thing. The quad DAC is awesome as ever, and it seems that the settings for the default Music player have been improved with more options. The V35 ThinQ seems to have addressed the aesthetic issues I had with the V30 before I sold it. But the major reason I did sell my V30 is because of the terrible radios. I was never able to get full bars of reception, even at home, where I'm mostly on Wi-Fi on T-Mobile; much less so when I'm out and about on data. In crappy coverage areas, I'd get no bars at all, where my current Nexus 6P would give me a couple. I don't know if T-Mobile is to blame or what, but I wasn't happy.

I hear that the V35 isn't an AT&T exclusive, so I guess I could get it unlocked for use on T-Mobile (I'm on a prepaid plan), but the issue with the radios has me concerned. For those that have the phone and are using it on AT&T, are you having any reception issues? Should I switch over? I pay $50 for 10GB of data, but I never break 3GB with my usage. I was offered 8GB for $40 on AT&T with auto pay. The way I see it, I'm going to wait to see what the V40 brings to the table. If nothing significant changes, I'll be going back to Samsung (reluctantly) with the Note 9. It sucks, because I LOVE the quad DAC, and the battery life on the V30 for the short time I had it. Any feedback is appreciated.
    06-25-2018 01:54 PM
    Just curious, what device did you get?
    Sorry I didn't see this til now. I ended up going back to my Nexus 6P for now. I was so spoiled by the HiFi quad DAC, though. To me, that's LG's signature feature and they should market the hell out of it. It's awesome. And I will say that the battery life on the V30 was great, too. It literally sipped battery. I was able to use the phone for a good 30-45 minutes on a full charge before it went down to 99%, and that was with the display at Max resolution at 25% brightness indoors, AOD enabled, and location periodically toggled at high accuracy. While in standby mode with AOD enabled, it would take an hour and a half for the battery to drop a percentage. I loved it.

I'm either going to go with the Note 9 next, or a V35/40, depending on what changes LG makes in terms of design, specs and (hopefully) a UI overhaul.
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-25-2018 02:11 PM
    Sorry I didn't see this til now. I ended up going back to my Nexus 6P for now. I was so spoiled by the HiFi quad DAC, though. To me, that's LG's signature feature and they should market the hell out of it. It's awesome. And I will say that the battery life on the V30 was great, too. It literally sipped battery. I was able to use the phone for a good 30-45 minutes on a full charge before it went down to 99%, and that was with the display at Max resolution at 25% brightness indoors, AOD enabled, and location periodically toggled at high accuracy. While in standby mode with AOD enabled, it would take an hour and a half for the battery to drop a percentage. I loved it.

I'm either going to go with the Note 9 next, or a V35/40, depending on what changes LG makes in terms of design, specs and (hopefully) a UI overhaul.
    Yeah, I'm not holding out hope on the UI bit. Nova is a God send.
    06-25-2018 02:19 PM
    yes. my v20 got the bootloop error last weekend. I upgraded to the v35.
    i have LG V35 too from AT&T

Which is your SW Version ? Mine is .10f .

I can't stay under AT&T Network because now i'm away from US. Can i receive OTA anyway ?

Can you guys have some KDZ ?
    06-25-2018 04:11 PM
    No battery life issues for me, my phone makes it thru a complete day (6am to 10:30pm) on an overnight charge. I would consider myself a light to medium user with most time spend on business calls, work emails, texting with no gaming and only an hour or so of music listening at the gym
    06-28-2018 08:45 AM
    I just came back from checking this phone out at a local AT&T store. Am I missing something, or did LG remove the default high contrast theme that is on the V30? Also, I noticed a Home and Theme option under the Display settings, that allows you to customize wallpapers, themes, fonts, and the AOD, just like Samsung does, which is a good thing. The quad DAC is awesome as ever, and it seems that the settings for the default Music player have been improved with more options. The V35 ThinQ seems to have addressed the aesthetic issues I had with the V30 before I sold it. But the major reason I did sell my V30 is because of the terrible radios. I was never able to get full bars of reception, even at home, where I'm mostly on Wi-Fi on T-Mobile; much less so when I'm out and about on data. In crappy coverage areas, I'd get no bars at all, where my current Nexus 6P would give me a couple. I don't know if T-Mobile is to blame or what, but I wasn't happy.

I hear that the V35 isn't an AT&T exclusive, so I guess I could get it unlocked for use on T-Mobile (I'm on a prepaid plan), but the issue with the radios has me concerned. For those that have the phone and are using it on AT&T, are you having any reception issues? Should I switch over? I pay $50 for 10GB of data, but I never break 3GB with my usage. I was offered 8GB for $40 on AT&T with auto pay. The way I see it, I'm going to wait to see what the V40 brings to the table. If nothing significant changes, I'll be going back to Samsung (reluctantly) with the Note 9. It sucks, because I LOVE the quad DAC, and the battery life on the V30 for the short time I had it. Any feedback is appreciated.
    No radio or AT&T reception issues for the areas I use my V35 in daily. A recent road trip from Western TN to Charlotte NC, I did not notice any reception issues on the drive up or back
    06-28-2018 08:57 AM
    Could you make a screenshot to this Tab ?
    06-28-2018 01:32 PM
    I'm not getting this phone as I just bought my Pixel 2 in April; however, the V30 has been my runner-up choice and so I'm going to keep a close eye on the V line and see what LG does next. Perhaps in a year and a half, I'll grab the next V iteration - whatever it will be at the time.
    08-09-2018 09:23 PM
    just got my LG v35, I'm selling my LG g7, this phone is noticably faster than the g7, and the screen while being at a lower resolution seems better.
    09-12-2018 10:22 AM
69 123