3.5mm audio jack + HI-FI Quad DAC
6' P-OLED display
Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant
DTS-X sound
24-bit/48kHz audio recording + 3 multidirectional mics
Wireless charging
Quick Charge 3.0
Android O

Quick comparison to HTC U12+ (not saying HTC is bad, just comparing): no headphone jack, no quad DAC, S-LCD display, heavier (188g vs 157g) thicker (0.34 vs 0.29), 12MP camera, no wide angle but has telephoto, no wireless charging, slightly bigger battery (3500mAh vs 3300mAh), HTC squeeze feature, price is roughly the same, purchase from online only I think?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Just recently got my V30, so no. And as great as the V35 sounds, if it's not available on T-Mobile, I would not purchase.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I just sold my V30 because I wasn't even able to get full bars at home on Wi-Fi. That, coupled with LG's terrible theme store was enough to make me part with it, despite loving the fantastic quad DAC and the battery life. I honestly don't know wtf LG is doing. They released the V30S, which is just a V30 with a software update, now they release the V35. A couple months from now they'll release the V40. What will differentiate the V40 from the V35, which already has the latest processor and upgraded RAM? They make no sense, whatsoever.

tdyhedge

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
To answer your question OP, no, I'm on Verizon so that's not possible. However I've a V30S now and I'm sure it'll work just as well. The wife got the G7.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my V30 because I wasn't even able to get full bars at home on Wi-Fi. That, coupled with LG's terrible theme store was enough to make me part with it, despite loving the fantastic quad DAC and the battery life. I honestly don't know wtf LG is doing. They released the V30S, which is just a V30 with a software update, now they release the V35. A couple months from now they'll release the V40. What will differentiate the V40 from the V35, which already has the latest processor and upgraded RAM? They make no sense, whatsoever.

I heard T-Mobile's network is getting much better each year.. they are buying the old tube TV over-the-air signal frequency.. also don't get themes from LG's theme store, they have better themes for LG on the Google Play store (not all are free though).

LG announced that they will reuse the same design for a while to reduce costs, which makes sense. There's no need for a brand new look when the current design is perfectly fine. The Galaxy S9 looks just like the S8, the iPhone 8 looks just like the 7 and 6 (same body and front). People are buying phones less and less each year, they just need to release an updated version of the phone as a replacement. The V35 addressed the problem with a low megapixel front facing camera, lack of RAM (according to power users), and old software (nothing wrong with the old one, just not "new"), and provides a new 16MP wide angle camera.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Would need a 3500+ battery to interest me.

Snapdragon 845 + Android O + LG's optimized OS there's no need for big battery. Don't need that extra weight and bulk, the battery life is already really optimized and good. The iPhone 8 has a 1800mAh battery and sometimes out perform an Android flagship phone in terms of battery life. I had a Galaxy S7 Active with a 4000mAh battery.. it was thick, heavy, and the battery life was not as good as you think.. y'all acting like you don't charge your phone at all when you do every night, most people nowdays still have much more battery to go before bedtime. Times have changed, battery size will shrink in the future, it's about optimization and smaller but powerful CPUs. Plus the 200mAh battery difference is barely noticeable, just looks better on paper.

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Probably yes but waiting until August when my current phone is paid off after 30 months with it. I am on AT&T and need wifi calling (which means I have to buy my phones from them). Of the Android phones this looks like the best one available through them. I just can't see myself ever getting a Samsung flagship as long as they only have those curved edge displays (ya the v35 somewhat has curved edges but are very minimal).

I think the V35 looks like a very good phone and I am glad AT&T went with this instead of the G7 although I am not a fan of the $900 price tag on the V35.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Just curious, what device did you get?

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Snapdragon 845 + Android O + LG's optimized OS there's no need for big battery. Don't need that extra weight and bulk, the battery life is already really optimized and good. The iPhone 8 has a 1800mAh battery and sometimes out perform an Android flagship phone in terms of battery life. I had a Galaxy S7 Active with a 4000mAh battery.. it was thick, heavy, and the battery life was not as good as you think.. y'all acting like you don't charge your phone at all when you do every night, most people nowdays still have much more battery to go before bedtime. Times have changed, battery size will shrink in the future, it's about optimization and smaller but powerful CPUs. Plus the 200mAh battery difference is barely noticeable, just looks better on paper.
I usually don't. Instead of risking over-charging it, keeping it plugged for an additional 6 hours that I don't need while asleep, I just rely on short charges throughout the day and night during commutes in the car.

I never come close to running out of battery and once in a while, a couple times per week I plug it into the wall and give it a full charge.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
No.

I'd want one for the audio, but there seems to be an issue where the USB C port doesn't use the quad DAC so... makes that feature sorta pointless. Also, QC 3.0... why? 4.0 supports USB Power Delivery. I'm sure the camera is probably awesome in manual mode like the V30, but very afraid of its quality in automatic modes. Also, no indication that they intend to start supporting their devices from a software or security standpoint, so LG is making it hard to justify even for those people who really want high end audio in their devices, there's too many drawbacks to make it a solid value proposition.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I wish phone still had the replaceable battery. I really don't care for underwater photos.

Removable/sealed battery doesn't impact anything that has to do with underwater photos. There are zero phones that are "safe" to use underwater, including for taking photos. Water resistance can be done in conjunction with removable battery, which has been done by Samsung. But the water resistance, regardless of the type of back, does not test or certify for any scenario which would involve the device being used while wet, let alone submerged and moving.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
No.

I'd want one for the audio, but there seems to be an issue where the USB C port doesn't use the quad DAC so... makes that feature sorta pointless. Also, QC 3.0... why? 4.0 supports USB Power Delivery. I'm sure the camera is probably awesome in manual mode like the V30, but very afraid of its quality in automatic modes. Also, no indication that they intend to start supporting their devices from a software or security standpoint, so LG is making it hard to justify even for those people who really want high end audio in their devices, there's too many drawbacks to make it a solid value proposition.

Well of course it doesn't, the USB C port is a digital out, so it would use the DAC of whatever device you connect it to. Just buy a high quality auxiliary cable and you're golden. I listen to my V30 on my bedroom surround sound system and can't tell the difference in clarity between Spotify on it and my Xbox One which uses an HDMI connection (the XB1 was just louder and louder doesn't equate to being better).

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Are you serious about this? You'd have more inferior audio just for a couple more bars? I get a faster connection via LTE anyway in my home so I don't even use the wifi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad