LG V35 is out, are you getting it?

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I usually don't. Instead of risking over-charging it, keeping it plugged for an additional 6 hours that I don't need while asleep, I just rely on short charges throughout the day and night during commutes in the car.

I never come close to running out of battery and once in a while, a couple times per week I plug it into the wall and give it a full charge.

Not too sure you can overcharge a phone nowadays...

Picked up the V35 yeterday. Screen is freaking amazing. Screen is barely curved, so slight that a glass screen protector works good. I am really digging it so far. But the price is too damn high..

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree the screen is way better than my V30, which I thought was a major weak spot on an otherwise great phone. AT&T was offering $400 credit for an eligible phone so I traded in my V30 for the $400 account credit and they also gave me a $30 credit for the upgrade fee, which helps to lessen the bite of the $899 plus tax

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my V30 because I wasn't even able to get full bars at home on Wi-Fi. That, coupled with LG's terrible theme store was enough to make me part with it, despite loving the fantastic quad DAC and the battery life. I honestly don't know wtf LG is doing. They released the V30S, which is just a V30 with a software update, now they release the V35. A couple months from now they'll release the V40. What will differentiate the V40 from the V35, which already has the latest processor and upgraded RAM? They make no sense, whatsoever.

Actually the V30S has 6gb of ram where the V30 only has 4

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How is the battery life so far? As well as how is it compared to the v30 for those that have had that?

So far no issues with battery life, but I would not be deemed a "heavy user" I only listen to music for about an hour a day at the gym, no gaming and my V35 is used mostly for email replies when out of the office, text messaging and some light internet use.

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just swapped my G6 for a V35 today at AT&T. No regrets so far. I loved the screen on the G6 but there is no comparison to the V35. It is stellar!

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Just swapped my G6 for a V35 today at AT&T. No regrets so far. I loved the screen on the G6 but there is no comparison to the V35. It is stellar!

Screen is that good? I ask because when i looked at the v30 a year ago in a store it looked very grainy compared to the s8, and i really want the v35 and hoping it looks pretty much on par with s8/9 and not grainy.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Screen is that good? I ask because when i looked at the v30 a year ago in a store it looked very grainy compared to the s8, and i really want the v35 and hoping it looks pretty much on par with s8/9 and not grainy.
Screen is much better on the V35 vs. the V30, which I thought was the only weak spot on an otherwise great phone

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Not too sure you can overcharge a phone nowadays...

Picked up the V35 yeterday. Screen is freaking amazing. Screen is barely curved, so slight that a glass screen protector works good. I am really digging it so far. But the price is too damn high..
Well, my gf had iPhone 6s, and started having battery issues. Would go from 96% to 40% in minutes. She would plug it back in and while plugged in it would say 70%.

Her screen was raised up from the phone on one side. Sprint told her the iPhone 6s has had battery issues and overcharging that phone will ruin the battery. Something did ruin the battery. I've left all of my phones, never had Apple, plugged in overnight plenty of times with no issues.

rfan8312

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Screen is much better on the V35 vs. the V30, which I thought was the only weak spot on an otherwise great phone
Really? I have v30+ and think the screen looks amazing. For example, I've always used Samsung which had that super saturated contrasty screen that looked breathtaking, but it when switching to v30+ was I noticing the tiniest little details in icons of the pull down screen and in logos in YouTube videos. I'm seeing incredibly fine detail with v30+.

To me the only weak spot on v30+ is the camera. Personally I find it is a total dud.

This photo taken from another thread sums it up. Take a photo, looks OK-ish, but the moment you zoom in, upon viewing it later it's junk. Took a picture if my gf's cat, the fur looks like foam.

I bought this phone last year and i'm disappointed with its low quality of camera.The LG camera app applies a weird anti noise filter on every photo makes them smudgy. Installing Google Camera.apk made it lot better you can clearly see differences. Forget to add zoom level is same in both photosView attachment 285123View attachment 285124

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So much for plans. Today the wife and I decided to switch to Verizon. I looked at the v30 but it seemed laggy to me. I wanted to look at the g7 but they didn't have one that I could find on display. I looked at the Pixel 2 XL and loved it (always loved my Nexus 5 despite it's shortcomings). I got the XL 2. I really wanted the v35 or an LG phone but it feels so good to type this on stock Android again. I haven't found a shortcoming with this phone yet and the battery life, on screen time looks to be 10+ hours after a full charge on wifi. Insane.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Really? I have v30+ and think the screen looks amazing. For example, I've always used Samsung which had that super saturated contrasty screen that looked breathtaking, but it when switching to v30+ was I noticing the tiniest little details in icons of the pull down screen and in logos in YouTube videos. I'm seeing incredibly fine detail with v30+.

To me the only weak spot on v30+ is the camera. Personally I find it is a total dud.

This photo taken from another thread sums it up. Take a photo, looks OK-ish, but the moment you zoom in, upon viewing it later it's junk. Took a picture if my gf's cat, the fur looks like foam.

I can't speak to the V30+ screen only the V30 which I had AT&T replace twice and LG once for the grainy screen and color shifting issue. My V35 is on point so far with no screen or camera issues ;)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had and seen waterproof phones fail.. the Galaxy S7 Active had a defect and people's phones were getting water damaged. Samsung actually does NOT advertise using the phone underwater (anymore) because they keep getting slammed for false claims. Salt walter and chlorine water will damage the phone's parts, corrode the metal parts. Your best bet is a sealed waterproof bag, much more reliable and protects the phone completely, while still allowing photos to be taken. The waterproof feature is for rainy weather and accidental spills. I wouldn't trust a $900 phone near water even if it is IP68 rated, maybe splashes are OK.

Your best bet is to buy an underwater camera. I wouldn't trust my phone in a bag either.

Overeasyplease

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
I can't speak to the V30+ screen only the V30 which I had AT&T replace twice and LG once for the grainy screen and color shifting issue. My V35 is on point so far with no screen or camera issues ;)

Hi All - new here and wanted to hop on as a I just bought (well less than 2 weeks ago) an LG V35 from AT&T. Took advantage of that $400 trade in and so far I've been very mixed on the phone.

The camera, as someone else had sad, leaves a lot to be desired, picture quality is ok and the responsiveness of button press to taking the picture is very laggy. Even my wife when using the phone to grab some pics of the kids said "why is it taking so long to take a picture?". Coming from a Pixel XL definitely very noticeable.

Audio quality is amazing, both when using the DAC for listening to music and in taking calls in general. One of the biggest reasons I got the phone and not let down there.

By far my biggest concern is the battery; on a normal day with some light game and music use it's only lasting me from about 8am - 6:30pm and I have to charge it right when I get home. Last night though after fully charging it I used it for about 20m before bed for just email checking and the battery dropped 10%. Put the phone to sleep, went to bed, and this morning it was totally dead.

Now I'm fast charging it and it's at like 20% and won't turn on. Not sure if I've got a dud or what but since I just bought it less than 2 weeks ago I'm hoping AT&T will make it easy to swap it for a new one.
If not I guess the S9+ would probably be the safest bet for now but my whole reason for going to AT&T was V35 credit trade in.

Anyone had less than awesome experiences with the phone so far?

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I too was checking this phone out. Price I think is a bit high, probably wait a little while. Other than that I have heard that the LG updates, support etc suck? Is that true? Lastly. Does the camera compare to say the S9, Sony Xz2, pixel 2 etc? Otherwise the phone has great specs. I just can't decide.

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that is interesting. I found that my battery life has been pretty good. Much better the my G6 or V20. Stand by time has been the biggest difference.

When I was actually monitoring the battery usage I had 22 hours since the last charge with 5+ hours 9f screen on time and 26% remaining.. I'll take that any day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR