LG V35 is out, are you getting it?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I just came back from checking this phone out at a local AT&T store. Am I missing something, or did LG remove the default high contrast theme that is on the V30? Also, I noticed a Home and Theme option under the Display settings, that allows you to customize wallpapers, themes, fonts, and the AOD, just like Samsung does, which is a good thing. The quad DAC is awesome as ever, and it seems that the settings for the default Music player have been improved with more options. The V35 ThinQ seems to have addressed the aesthetic issues I had with the V30 before I sold it. But the major reason I did sell my V30 is because of the terrible radios. I was never able to get full bars of reception, even at home, where I'm mostly on Wi-Fi on T-Mobile; much less so when I'm out and about on data. In crappy coverage areas, I'd get no bars at all, where my current Nexus 6P would give me a couple. I don't know if T-Mobile is to blame or what, but I wasn't happy.

I hear that the V35 isn't an AT&T exclusive, so I guess I could get it unlocked for use on T-Mobile (I'm on a prepaid plan), but the issue with the radios has me concerned. For those that have the phone and are using it on AT&T, are you having any reception issues? Should I switch over? I pay $50 for 10GB of data, but I never break 3GB with my usage. I was offered 8GB for $40 on AT&T with auto pay. The way I see it, I'm going to wait to see what the V40 brings to the table. If nothing significant changes, I'll be going back to Samsung (reluctantly) with the Note 9. It sucks, because I LOVE the quad DAC, and the battery life on the V30 for the short time I had it. Any feedback is appreciated.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Just curious, what device did you get?

Sorry I didn't see this til now. I ended up going back to my Nexus 6P for now. I was so spoiled by the HiFi quad DAC, though. To me, that's LG's signature feature and they should market the hell out of it. It's awesome. And I will say that the battery life on the V30 was great, too. It literally sipped battery. I was able to use the phone for a good 30-45 minutes on a full charge before it went down to 99%, and that was with the display at Max resolution at 25% brightness indoors, AOD enabled, and location periodically toggled at high accuracy. While in standby mode with AOD enabled, it would take an hour and a half for the battery to drop a percentage. I loved it.

I'm either going to go with the Note 9 next, or a V35/40, depending on what changes LG makes in terms of design, specs and (hopefully) a UI overhaul.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I didn't see this til now. I ended up going back to my Nexus 6P for now. I was so spoiled by the HiFi quad DAC, though. To me, that's LG's signature feature and they should market the hell out of it. It's awesome. And I will say that the battery life on the V30 was great, too. It literally sipped battery. I was able to use the phone for a good 30-45 minutes on a full charge before it went down to 99%, and that was with the display at Max resolution at 25% brightness indoors, AOD enabled, and location periodically toggled at high accuracy. While in standby mode with AOD enabled, it would take an hour and a half for the battery to drop a percentage. I loved it.

I'm either going to go with the Note 9 next, or a V35/40, depending on what changes LG makes in terms of design, specs and (hopefully) a UI overhaul.
Yeah, I'm not holding out hope on the UI bit. Nova is a God send.

wolfgart

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
yes. my v20 got the bootloop error last weekend. I upgraded to the v35.

i have LG V35 too from AT&T

Which is your SW Version ? Mine is .10f .

I can't stay under AT&T Network because now i'm away from US. Can i receive OTA anyway ?

Can you guys have some KDZ ?

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No battery life issues for me, my phone makes it thru a complete day (6am to 10:30pm) on an overnight charge. I would consider myself a light to medium user with most time spend on business calls, work emails, texting with no gaming and only an hour or so of music listening at the gym

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I just came back from checking this phone out at a local AT&T store. Am I missing something, or did LG remove the default high contrast theme that is on the V30? Also, I noticed a Home and Theme option under the Display settings, that allows you to customize wallpapers, themes, fonts, and the AOD, just like Samsung does, which is a good thing. The quad DAC is awesome as ever, and it seems that the settings for the default Music player have been improved with more options. The V35 ThinQ seems to have addressed the aesthetic issues I had with the V30 before I sold it. But the major reason I did sell my V30 is because of the terrible radios. I was never able to get full bars of reception, even at home, where I'm mostly on Wi-Fi on T-Mobile; much less so when I'm out and about on data. In crappy coverage areas, I'd get no bars at all, where my current Nexus 6P would give me a couple. I don't know if T-Mobile is to blame or what, but I wasn't happy.

I hear that the V35 isn't an AT&T exclusive, so I guess I could get it unlocked for use on T-Mobile (I'm on a prepaid plan), but the issue with the radios has me concerned. For those that have the phone and are using it on AT&T, are you having any reception issues? Should I switch over? I pay $50 for 10GB of data, but I never break 3GB with my usage. I was offered 8GB for $40 on AT&T with auto pay. The way I see it, I'm going to wait to see what the V40 brings to the table. If nothing significant changes, I'll be going back to Samsung (reluctantly) with the Note 9. It sucks, because I LOVE the quad DAC, and the battery life on the V30 for the short time I had it. Any feedback is appreciated.

No radio or AT&T reception issues for the areas I use my V35 in daily. A recent road trip from Western TN to Charlotte NC, I did not notice any reception issues on the drive up or back

wolfgart

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Could you make a screenshot to this Tab ?
0bdbc4e1c05dd2def31f38cb6ab50ec5.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting this phone as I just bought my Pixel 2 in April; however, the V30 has been my runner-up choice and so I'm going to keep a close eye on the V line and see what LG does next. Perhaps in a year and a half, I'll grab the next V iteration - whatever it will be at the time.

Koi102465

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
just got my LG v35, I'm selling my LG g7, this phone is noticably faster than the g7, and the screen while being at a lower resolution seems better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance