V35 cases?

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Can't seem to find any cases specific for the V35, all the ones that I have found are V30 cases that fit but not properly around the rear camera opening. Where the V35 has a limited carrier offering of only AT&T not sure we will see much support for it :(

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
All the info I am reading seems to indicate that V30 cases ARE compatible!
The case does fit, but the rear camera is not centered in the opening on the V30 case where as my V30 was. I will take a picture of the rear camera opening as soon as I can and share

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I hope you get a chance to post a pic. I thought the placement of the cameras and everything was the same with the v30/35.

GrnFrg22

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Gotcha! That would probably bother my OCD mind also! lol

I am glad I'm not alone in noticing that the cutout for the camera is off. I tried on a V30 case at a kiosk in the mall & got that result. Figured it was that way because the case was meant for the V30.

Ordered some cases off of Amazon that state they are for the V35 or are compatible w/the V5. Just got them today & I see the same issues with the cutouts for the camera and power button. It's as if the cutouts are millimeters off and should be moved down that much. So even if you buy a case that states it is specifically for the V35, it's really the V30 model being used it appears at this point.

Look forward to seeing this fix, as I really like my phone & want to keep it nice as possible. Hope I don't run into the same problem w/the screen protectors I bought.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am glad I'm not alone in noticing that the cutout for the camera is off. I tried on a V30 case at a kiosk in the mall & got that result. Figured it was that way because the case was meant for the V30.

Ordered some cases off of Amazon that state they are for the V35 or are compatible w/the V5. Just got them today & I see the same issues with the cutouts for the camera and power button. It's as if the cutouts are millimeters off and should be moved down that much. So even if you buy a case that states it is specifically for the V35, it's really the V30 model being used it appears at this point.

Look forward to seeing this fix, as I really like my phone & want to keep it nice as possible. Hope I don't run into the same problem w/the screen protectors I bought.

Same issue I noticed thanks for validating

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They moved the camera and the fingerprint sensor on the V35 slightly lower than the V30. Was able to compare the two phones at BestBuy and putting them side by side, it's noticeable. Strange that of all things, they would change that. I think when they comes out with a better V35 case, I'd buy it.

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I guess I should have verified someone, anyone, actually made a case for the V35 before I bought it on the Amazon Prime deal... I foolishly thought that if AT&T was selling it there would at least be some official cases for it.

I too ordered a V30/V35 case off Amazon that I am sure will have slight offsets, but me being OCD as well this will bug me too. Plenty of G7 cases but apparently the V35 is going to the ******* stepchild of the LG phone line (hopefully just in regard to cases and nothing else like software updates or features).

If anyone does find a designed for/perfect fit LG V35 case please post it as I am going to follow this thread.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess I should have verified someone, anyone, actually made a case for the V35 before I bought it on the Amazon Prime deal... I foolishly thought that if AT&T was selling it there would at least be some official cases for it.

I too ordered a V30/V35 case off Amazon that I am sure will have slight offsets, but me being OCD as well this will bug me too. Plenty of G7 cases but apparently the V35 is going to the ******* stepchild of the LG phone line (hopefully just in regard to cases and nothing else like software updates or features).

If anyone does find a designed for/perfect fit LG V35 case please post it as I am going to follow this thread.
Same here I thought I could at least pick up a case specifically designed for V35 from AT&T after buying the prime exclusive model. But was surprised to see even they don't have any cases. I ordered a V30/V30+ Ringke case from Amazon which will be delivered today. Hopefully it fits great since one of the reviews said it fits great on the V35. I'll post pics later in the evening after receiving.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just received the Ringke V30/V30+ case and it doesn't fit perfectly as mentioned in one of the Amazon reviews. Shouldn't trust reviews

20b654d2de6083c2f89642bffdf1bd09.jpg

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Haha. That's how my case looks too. It was a generic brand for $7. Guess we'll be waiting until a proper case is sold.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe if enough people bought the "alleged" V35 cases and then returned them as "won't fit", Amazon might pay attention and whip their suppliers into shape.

Or not :-(

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the following case, I know that it is cheap, but I still expect it to fit. This item was listed being "specifically designed for your LG V35 ThinQ". I left a review asking, is this company lying, or are they not very good at manufacturing items. Either way, probably not a company I want to trust to protect my phone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6288786
Got the exact same case as well and it doesn't fit. Got it since it said specifically designed for V35 and it's false advertising.

7a014a566d0979cd851594e03ac8501c.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084