LG V35 Review

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Been using the V35 for a week now. Here are some quick thoughts on the phone.

- Like other flagship phones, build quality is excellent. It's your typical glass phone feel.
- Phone feels little wider than the S9+, but not as tall. It looks like there's more screen real estate compare to the skinnier S9+
- Screen is great. To be honest, I really can't tell the difference between this and the Galaxy S9 in terms of quality. They both look great.
- Not sure if this panel has the 'blue shift' or not. Even if it does, it hasn't bothered me since I can't even tell. :)
- Not having a notch is great!!
- Everything feels fast and smooth. It feels smoother than the S9.
- Camera works great and having the wide angle is huge plus for me.
- LG's android skin works great for me. Not the biggest vanilla android fan, so keeping the original skin was fine. Didn't even have to install Nova.
- Fingerprint scanner works fast and accurate.
- Love having the headphone jack.
- Sound seems fine. Not an audiophile, so not the biggest need for me.
- Battery life has been great for me. Off the charger at 6am and back on the charger around 11pm. I still have 30-40% left with around 4 hours of screen on time. Not sure why, but no matter what phone I have, I never could get 5-6 hours of SOT like others have. Could be my location with my ATT network. But I'm more than happy with my current results.
- Not enough accessories for the V35. They didn't have much of a selection for cases. Ended up buying a case for V30 since the body was supposed to be the same. However, I think they did move the rear camera a bit. There's another tread talking about this. The camera opening is slightly off. Doesn't bother me much, but I could see it bothering some people. Maybe I'll purchase another case when something made specifically for V35 comes out.

It's a great phone and I would highly recommend it. I think it could be the most underrated and overlooked phone of 2018.

Last edited:

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Good write up thanks and I have to agree with everything that you said especially about there not being many/any accessories (specifically cases) made for the V35

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you guys. I have tried several cases and they all are a little off around the camera.

The only other thing I don't like is that it was $300 off for Amazon Prime Day, but I can live with that.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Been using the V35 for a week now. Here are some quick thoughts on the phone.

- Like other flagship phones, build quality is excellent. It's your typical glass phone feel.
- Phone feels little wider than the S9+, but not as tall. It looks like there's more screen real estate compare to the skinnier S9+
- Screen is great. To be honest, I really can't tell the difference between this and the Galaxy S9 in terms of quality. They both look great.
- Not sure if this panel has the 'blue shift' or not. Even if it does, it hasn't bothered me since I can't even tell. :)
- Not having a notch is great!!
- Everything feels fast and smooth. It feels smoother than the S9.
- Camera works great and having the wide angle is huge plus for me.
- LG's android skin works great for me. Not the biggest vanilla android fan, so keeping the original skin was fine. Didn't even have to install Nova.
- Fingerprint scanner works fast and accurate.
- Love having the headphone jack.
- Sound seems fine. Not an audiophile, so not the biggest need for me.
- Battery life has been great for me. Off the charger at 6am and back on the charger around 11pm. I still have 30-40% left with around 4 hours of screen on time. Not sure why, but no matter what phone I have, I never could get 5-6 hours of SOT like others have. Could be my location with my ATT network. But I'm more than happy with my current results.
- Not enough accessories for the V35. They didn't have much of a selection for cases. Ended up buying a case for V30 since the body was supposed to be the same. However, I think they did move the rear camera a bit. There's another tread talking about this. The camera opening is slightly off. Doesn't bother me much, but I could see it bothering some people. Maybe I'll purchase another case when something made specifically for V35 comes out.

It's a great phone and I would highly recommend it. I think it could be the most underrated and overlooked phone of 2018.

How is the camera shutter lag? It was pretty bad on the G6 and V30 for me .
Great review and thanks.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The camera shutter isn't as fast as the Galaxy S9, but it hasn't bothered me. I had the G6 before and it's faster than the G6.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I also agree this is fantastic phone overall. Battery life is wonderful and better than my S9+. I prefer the flat screen, the quality of the screen is also very good. I would also say the camera is not quite as good as the S9, in most cases the Samsung does better but I find in some cases the V35 does just as well and definitely prefer the wide angle lens.

Last edited:

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got this phone this month after having a G6 for 16 months - it would have been more expensive not to upgrade my phone when my kid upgraded - and generally I agree it's a good phone. I liked the screen on the G6 better - after having LG phones for a couple of years I'm spoiled by the non-OLED screens - I am not a fan of OLED screens. I find the camera shutter a little faster and the fingerprint scanner a little slower. Battery life is really good but not as good as my G6 was at the age of two weeks, I attribute that to the screen. The phone is responsive and has a nice large amount of storage. When I am able to upgrade this phone I'll go back to the G# line, but it'll be ok to use till that time comes.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I also agree this is fantastic phone overall. Battery life is wonderful and better than my S9+. I prefer the flat screen, the quality of the screen is also very good. I would also say the camera is not quite as good as the S9, in most cases the Samsung does better but I find in some cases the V35 does just as well and definitely prefer the wide angle lens.

I thought the V35's screen was curved along the sides. Is that not true?

LinuXjedi

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
Yah this is a good phone indeed. It is more multimedia centric compared to others. It's an audiophile's dream come true and accepts any size microSD up to 2TB. Basically I think lg got a lot of things right and put them all together to make the v35. E.g. a stunning poled display with no notch, quad hd dacs, dts:x is more suitable for something likely to use headphones and not everyone has atmos speakers (shame samsung 9s), bluetooth 5 with aptX, lipo battery with QC3. This phone just gets everything right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci