Did anyone get Amazon Prime LG V35?

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has gotten the Amazon LG V35? They are implying that WiFi calling will work with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. However, from what I am seeing, this is not true.

Has anyone received their phone, and can you confirm if Wifi Calling is working. I am most concerned about AT&T.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Generally AT&T only allows their own branded phones to have WiFi calling and other related features. T-Mobile DOES allow. Verizon and Sprint I don't know.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got it and will be delivered tomorrow, but I'm not on AT&T and will be using it on T-Mobile. WiFi calling and VoLTE on T-Mobile do work on many unlocked phones so at least on T-Mobile I'm not worried even though I don't rely that much on WiFi calling.

Edit: Just received mine, delivered a day early. So far liking it. WiFi calling and volte works as expected.

Last edited:

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I received my Amazon phone. WiFi calling is working, I do not know if it is temporary. On my V20 I had an icon in the quick settings area, it is not present on the Amazon V35.

I do not see the ability to set up VoLTE or HD Voice though.

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It does not look like anyone cares, it also looks like no one cares about the V35 in general, but I am happy with it. It looks like I do have VoLTE. Evidently there was some issue with the way my account was set up. Once corrected, I used a software program that says I have it. I also checked in the diagnostic menu and it says it is provisioned. There is just nothing to turn on evidently.

However, if anyone with the non-Amazon version does have a setting, were they can toggle VoLTE or HD calling on and off, I would be interested in hear where that is..

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
It does not look like anyone cares, it also looks like no one cares about the V35 in general, but I am happy with it. It looks like I do have VoLTE. Evidently there was some issue with the way my account was set up. Once corrected, I used a software program that says I have it. I also checked in the diagnostic menu and it says it is provisioned. There is just nothing to turn on evidently.

However, if anyone with the non-Amazon version does have a setting, were they can toggle VoLTE or HD calling on and off, I would be interested in hear where that is..

I wouldn't say "no one cares" - I ordered my V35 from Amazon on Tuesday and its supposed to arrive today. So I think you might get more responses in a few days if you wait.

I have AT&T and am happy to try and figure out how to do WiFi calling (never had that on previous phones) and report back.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I mean this definitely is not going to be a popular device. First thing it's only available on AT&T and I got it because I prefer non carrier devices and the prime exclusive deal on the unlocked model was great. But honestly 99% of the people buy what's available on their carrier good or bad.
We are lucky that some of the accessories from V30 still kind of work with V35 otherwise it would have been even more bad in terms of accessories.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I mean this definitely is not going to be a popular device. First thing it's only available on AT&T and I got it because I prefer non carrier devices and the prime exclusive deal on the unlocked model was great. But honestly 99% of the people buy what's available on their carrier good or bad.
We are lucky that some of the accessories from V30 still kind of work with V35 otherwise it would have been even more bad in terms of accessories.

There ARE some issues with some cases. ;)

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't saying I did not think anyone cared about the phone, because I wasn't getting responses. I said it, because there does not seem to be very much activity in general. Maybe the Prime version will change that, since it works on Verizon too.

I came from the V20 so I was very happy with the upgrade. The V35 is the V30, but with an 845 processor and 6 GB of RAM. I could not see going to the V30 from the V20. I understand that if you have the V30, there is no point going with the V35, wait for the V40.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't think prime version will change that because majority people still have no clue about smartphones and will buy whatever is available at their carrier store or whatever the carrier rep sells. Prime version will appeal to small market of tech enthusiasts.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't think prime version will change that because majority people still have no clue about smartphones and will buy whatever is available at their carrier store or whatever the carrier rep sells. Prime version will appeal to small market of tech enthusiasts.

How are you liking yours right now? I know you use a lot of devices. I’m currently on an iPhone X but am getting a little tired of iOS and looking at switching back to Android for a bit. I found a new AT&T LG V35 for $495 and I’m tempted. Not a huge fan of the lack of correctly fitting cases. But otherwise it looks great for the price and what I would want.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How are you liking yours right now? I know you use a lot of devices. I’m currently on an iPhone X but am getting a little tired of iOS and looking at switching back to Android for a bit. I found a new AT&T LG V35 for $495 and I’m tempted. Not a huge fan of the lack of correctly fitting cases. But otherwise it looks great for the price and what I would want.

Can't comment about the AT&T version since I'm not sure how much modifications AT&T has done but have been really happy with the prime version. Only has few additional Amazon apps which can be disabled and overall the device has been pretty solid and great. Also, the screen is pretty great and honestly can't tell the difference between S9+ and iPhone X etc. Glad to see LG has stepped up their OLED screen quality. I wouldn't pay $899 original price for this but anything below $700 or $650 for this phone is a great deal. It's good in pretty much every area and doesn't have any glaring weakness.
For $495 it's a great deal.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't comment about the AT&T version since I'm not sure how much modifications AT&T has done but have been really happy with the prime version. Only has few additional Amazon apps which can be disabled and overall the device has been pretty solid and great. Also, the screen is pretty great and honestly can't tell the difference between S9+ and iPhone X etc. Glad to see LG has stepped up their OLED screen quality. I wouldn't pay $899 original price for this but anything below $700 or $650 for this phone is a great deal. It's good in pretty much every area and doesn't have any glaring weakness.
For $495 it's a great deal.

What do you think of it compared to the iX? I like this phone but I don’t LOVE it. I’m also not invested in Apple or their services like I am Google. But I am pretty comfortable with the ease of use in iOS and I do enjoy iMessage with a lot of my family.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Different phones, different platforms. It depends on individual honestly. I use both iOS and Android everyday, have no issues with both. I'm pretty invested in Google services and so works well with Android phones, add to that I love the additional customization options. But at the same time when I use an iPhone I don't feel like I got to run back to Android. I do love the Apple watch, may be not the right person to say which is better since I always had multiple phones and constantly switch between them, use them simultaneously everyday etc

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I got WiFi calling to work just fine today. I set the phone in airplane mode, then turned on WiFi, and finally placed a call where I was prompted to turn on WiFi calling and it worked fine.

So far my only gripe is AT&T refuses to allow the Visual Voicemail app to install from Android Play Store, claiming it's not compatible which is utter crap. I went ahead and side loaded the newest version APK I could find online and it worked just fine as expected.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I got WiFi calling to work just fine today. I set the phone in airplane mode, then turned on WiFi, and finally placed a call where I was prompted to turn on WiFi calling and it worked fine.

So far my only gripe is AT&T refuses to allow the Visual Voicemail app to install from Android Play Store, claiming it's not compatible which is utter crap. I went ahead and side loaded the newest version APK I could find online and it worked just fine as expected.

That's strange that its blocked? I have installed the visual voicemail app on everything from a Oneplus to a Huawei Mate 10 Pro and works fine? Interesting to hear that Wifi calling works on a non ATT branded phone!

Last edited:

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I have not ever used visual voicemail from AT&T on an android phone. I have AT&T, but I always use google voice. I like that it will convert the message to text and I can get an email or text. I actually rarely listen to my voicemail, because Google voice, does a good job translating. Google voice is free and easy to set up.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not ever used visual voicemail from AT&T on an android phone. I have AT&T, but I always use google voice. I like that it will convert the message to text and I can get an email or text. I actually rarely listen to my voicemail, because Google voice, does a good job translating. Google voice is free and easy to set up.

Part of my reason for always using the AT&T visual voicemail is because I had trouble setting up Google Voice. I’d love to use that if I could actually figure it out. Care to explain how you set it up?

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

My daughter just got an iX and my son in law got a S9. I have had a chance to use IX a little, was not impressed. While it is not a bad phone, there is nothing that is great about it. Needing to learn gestures and not having a back button. My son in law switched from IOS to the S9, so I had to help him with android. His take on moving from IOS to Android, was having a back button is awesome. Being able to have widgets and other customizations is great.

The thing about Android is you have choice, so you have to determine what is most important in a phone, for you.

My dog recently passed away and I had a lot of videos and pictures of her that I was easily able to make into a nice movie that I shared with the family. The graphy settings help me with manual controls on the camera. People say this is for content creators. I definitely was never one of those before, but it does allow one to make some nice output. I did see a video with a guy comparing the V30 to some very high end video camera. He was able to some very good stuff with it. I would not say they were the same, but the V30 did a nice job.

I went with the V35 because of the Quad dac. I liked it had 6GB of RAM. I like the microphones, for recording concerts. I also liked the price.

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Part of my reason for always using the AT&T visual voicemail is because I had trouble setting up Google Voice. I’d love to use that if I could actually figure it out. Care to explain how you set it up?

On a desktop computer goto www.google.com/voice.
OIn the upper left corner choose the hamburger menu and select legacy Google Voice.
Now in the upper right menu select settings.
and on the phone tab you will need to add your phone and you will see an option to have activate google voicemail on this phone. You need to make sure the phone you add is listed as mobile. This will pop up a screen that will ask your carrier. It will give you a code to dial on your phone so all unanswered calls will go to google voice.

Let me know if it works for you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463