V35 thinQ Prime Pie disappointed

toptech33

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
My v35 got Pie a couple of weeks ago and I'm really disappointed with the lack of New or improved OS features. No vertical volume controls. No horizontal recent apps listing. None of the OS changes I was expecting.
And yes, it's Pie.
There are a few minor changes but otherwise I wouldn't even know it had updated. I was looking forward to new and improved. All I got was what in had before.
Anyone else feel kind of cheated by LG over this half-a"* update?

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that Pie on the V35 is different from Pie on other phones, or that Pie is not much different from Oreo in general? If the latter, that's Google's fault.

About the only significant difference I saw in Pie vs. Oreo (on the V35) was Google took out the ability to see & control battery saving mode in location. Luckily Macrodroid can still control it.

toptech33

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Yes, Pie is supposed to come with enhancements like horizontal scrolling of recent apps and vertical volume controls. None of which are on my V35 updated to Pie. This is, I believe, LG's fault. Not picking up the enhancements made it easier to update the core. With LG's terrible update frequency they took shortcuts. I am very disappointed in LG. I am so familiar with the ecosystem but I guess I will be changing after this phone. Samsung is out. I very much dislike the way they do things. Maybe Pixel? IDK. Maybe even Chinese? Oh well. It is what it is I guess. I'm not going to cry about it but I will complain. !-)