10-03-2018 05:38 PM
    Thoughts? No camera bump, 5 cameras (wide and telephoto), extremely thin and lightweight.. significantly lighter than the Note 9, minimal and lightweight OS, latest specs like SD 845, with the AMOLED display, you can turn off the notch if you don't like it... I like the 6.4 inch display and it's actually smaller than the Galaxy S9 which also has the same screen size. Still has a micro SD slot, Quad DAC audio, headphone jack, water resistant.. way too many good features! Can't wait!
    10-03-2018 05:43 PM
    Thoughts? No camera bump, 5 cameras (wide and telephoto), extremely thin and lightweight.. significantly lighter than the Note 9, minimal and lightweight OS, latest specs like SD 845, with the AMOLED display, you can turn off the notch if you don't like it... I like the 6.4 inch display and it's actually smaller than the Galaxy S9 which also has the same screen size. Still has a micro SD slot, Quad DAC audio, headphone jack, water resistant.. way too many good features! Can't wait!
    Ram?
    10-03-2018 05:50 PM
    Ram?
    6GB RAM.. that's good enough, anymore would be overkill.. plus it would drain the battery. They will probably have a V40s with 8GB.
    10-03-2018 06:22 PM
    Even though it has the same battery as the V30, which yielded almost 9 hours SOT for me, Android Authority claims only 4-5 hours SOT, powering a larger screen. That's unacceptable to me. Sigh, LG just made my decision for me, between it and Samsung. I'll always miss the quad DAC. Thanks for nothing, LG.
    10-03-2018 06:23 PM
    It will have to be inexpensive to compete
    Keep in mind, the software you see in the YouTube videos are pre-production software. The final version could be different and may have improvements.
    It will have to be inexpensive to compete
    I believe it is $900 (from what YouTubers say) so at least $100 less than the Note 9, and a lot less than iPhone XS Max ($999 to $1449). If priced any lower, people will think LG is a generic phone (which some believe so). The V20 was launched at $800 (the unsubsidized unlocked version, which included headphones valued at $150 and other extras). I believe the V40 is going to have some promo freebies with it, and of course, holiday season you'll see some deals. Keep in mind, the V30, V30s, V35, and G7 are still selling so if a person is looking for a lower cost option, they have it. The unlocked price VS. carrier price will be different.. so I guess it really depends if you are going to pay out right full price or get a deal from your carrier. I always pay full price because I'm under a pre-paid plan (cheaper monthly cost) and don't qualify for the carrier deals (which they try to lure you in with cheap handset deals but high cost monthly plan).

Regarding low price to compete, I think the V40 stands out being $100 less than the Note 9, but includes more features in a lightweight build and design which will turn heads for sure (plus, it being arguably the best looking phone to date). LG still has a long way to go and Samsung is still way ahead of them. Samsung has a team of Silicon Valley engineers, that's why their software and camera software is better.. LG is still a small company in comparison to their big brother Samsung.
    10-03-2018 06:24 PM
    I believe it was $900 so at least $100 less than Note 9, and a lot less than iPhone XS Plus. If priced any lower, people will associated LG as a generic phone (which some believe so).
    It will have to be discounted further or offer great extras to do well. Note9 already 100 off at BestBuy and it has the stylus.
    10-03-2018 06:26 PM
    It will have to be discounted further or offer great extras to do well. Note9 already 100 off at BestBuy and it has the stylus.
    Keep in mind, the starting price isn't always the same. It's called MSRP for a reason (manufacture suggested retail price). Samsung is not doing well with sales like they used to, but what is keeping them going is making and selling iPhone parts. I'm sure the price will fluctuate, according to the market at the current moment. If people aren't buying, they'll lower the price.. so I guess it's a win win situation.
    recDNA likes this.
    10-03-2018 06:40 PM
    Even though it has the same battery as the V30, which yielded almost 9 hours SOT for me, Android Authority claims only 4-5 hours SOT, powering a larger screen. That's unacceptable to me. Sigh, LG just made my decision for me, between it and Samsung. I'll always miss the quad DAC. Thanks for nothing, LG.
    You said it, they "claim" 4-5 hours. But you got 9 hours SOT on your V30, so you must've known how to optimize your phone. Everyone's experience will vary depending on a variety of factors. 4-5 hours SOT is good, considering 5 cameras, a quad DAC, micro SD, headphone jack, wireless charging, etc. plus they have Quick Charge 3.0 which is very fast... Meanwhile Samsung STILL uses QC 2.0, which is slow like a turtle. Imagine trying to charge a 4000 mAh brick with that? Expect 4-5 hours of charge time from zero to full... The V40 is more lightweight and thin in comparison to the heavy brick Note 9. I don't need my phone to last 3 days because everyone charges it every night. And who stays on their phone 9 hours straight?
    10-03-2018 06:44 PM
    You said it, they "claim" 4-5 hours. But you got 9 hours SOT on your V30, so you must've known how to optimize your phone. Everyone's experience will vary depending on a variety of factors. 4-5 hours SOT is good, considering 5 cameras, a quad DAC, micro SD, headphone jack, wireless charging, etc. plus they have Quick Charge 3.0 which is very fast... Meanwhile Samsung STILL uses QC 2.0, which is slow like a turtle. Imagine trying to charge a 4000 mAh brick with that? Expect 4-5 hours of charge time from zero to full... The V40 is more lightweight and thin in comparison to the heavy brick Note 9. I don't need my phone to last 3 days because everyone charges it every night. And who stays on their phone 9 hours straight?
    It wasn't "9 hours straight". It was over a 32 hour period off the charger. I'm not a heavy user at all, and as such, I value standby time.
    10-03-2018 07:13 PM
    I believe it is $900 (from what YouTubers say) so at least $100 less than the Note 9, and a lot less than iPhone XS Max ($999 to $1449). If priced any lower, people will think LG is a generic phone (which some believe so). The V20 was launched at $800 (the unsubsidized unlocked version, which included headphones valued at $150 and other extras). I believe the V40 is going to have some promo freebies with it, and of course, holiday season you'll see some deals. Keep in mind, the V30, V30s, V35, and G7 are still selling so if a person is looking for a lower cost option, they have it. The unlocked price VS. carrier price will be different.. so I guess it really depends if you are going to pay out right full price or get a deal from your carrier. I always pay full price because I'm under a pre-paid plan (cheaper monthly cost) and don't qualify for the carrier deals (which they try to lure you in with cheap handset deals but high cost monthly plan).

Regarding low price to compete, I think the V40 stands out being $100 less than the Note 9, but includes more features in a lightweight build and design which will turn heads for sure (plus, it being arguably the best looking phone to date). LG still has a long way to go and Samsung is still way ahead of them. Samsung has a team of Silicon Valley engineers, that's why their software and camera software is better.. LG is still a small company in comparison to their big brother Samsung.
    If I WERE going to spend$900 on a phone, I would need a much bigger battery. I wanted to be excited about this phone, but the Note9 offers quite a bit more(battery, better screen, Spen) for that extra 100 bucks. It was the V40, or the 6T for me, and looks like I'm going to save 300 bucks and go with the OnePlus.
    10-06-2018 11:35 AM
    If I WERE going to spend$900 on a phone, I would need a much bigger battery. I wanted to be excited about this phone, but the Note9 offers quite a bit more(battery, better screen, Spen) for that extra 100 bucks. It was the V40, or the 6T for me, and looks like I'm going to save 300 bucks and go with the OnePlus.
    I think you will be more happy with the Note 9. The V40 wasn't designed to be the same as the Note 9. LG has always prided themselves in lightweight phones (the G series, one of the first to make thin bezel phones) and they aren't going to give up that image of thin and lightweight. The V40 is significantly lighter and thinner.. after using lightweight phones like the V20, I cannot go to a brick of a phone because it's simply too think and heavy for me... My pockets are small enough already.
    10-06-2018 01:40 PM
    I think you will be more happy with the Note 9. The V40 wasn't designed to be the same as the Note 9. LG has always prided themselves in lightweight phones (the G series, one of the first to make thin bezel phones) and they aren't going to give up that image of thin and lightweight. The V40 is significantly lighter and thinner.. after using lightweight phones like the V20, I cannot go to a brick of a phone because it's simply too think and heavy for me... My pockets are small enough already.
    Never said it was designed to be the same as the Note. I said the battery is too small, and it's overpriced. I'm familiar with LG, as I owned both the V20 and the G6. It looks like a nice device, but most people who are willing to pay $900 are probably not going to choose this phone. LG can pride themselves on being "lightweight" all they want, but a phone aimed at content creators can't be lacking in the battery department. 3300mah isn't terrible, but once you start using those cameras, and that DAC, I'm worried how long is going to last, at least in relation to some other big devices.
    10-06-2018 08:29 PM
    I'm with you on preferring a lighter smaller device. I really liked the V20 because of that and the V30 even more. I don't see myself going with a device that isn't all that easy to handle with one hand.
    10-07-2018 09:00 AM