V40 or OnePlus 6T

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was waiting to see the 6t. After seeing it I went with the V40 today. While I do like one plus I have always had a soft spot for LG. I like their skin and features they packed into this phone so far. I'm still setting it up as I was busy today and didn't really get the chance. But it seems like a decent device so far. No complaints yet. But it's only been a few hours.

Previous I had the XS Max but returned it because the signal kept dropping out and I kept dropping calls. Returned the pixel 3 xl after getting fed up with the memory issues. Sold my note 9. No issues with that one. Solid device. Just like to try new phones.

Hope to keep this phone for a bit. I'll see how it goes. Any recommendations on a good screen protector. Checked Amazon and they all have crappy reviews it seems. Anyone have any luck.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, as much as i love what OnePlus is doing with raw specs, the fact that there is no capacitive fingerprint sensor and no wireless charger are the two main reason i am still waiting. If ATT will have a good black Friday sale I don't see me passing up the V40.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The 6T was announced today and although it's a beautiful device and the price is attractive, I'm happy I went with the V40 after all...

Oxygen with 9.0 was tempting, especially for the price point and trade in offers that TMobile is doing. BUT, the headphone jack and the incredible DAC with DTS X Surround wins out every day of the week over a phone with a dongle...

I use Bluetooth buds when I'm out and about and wired headphones when at home. I love that option...

For me, the V40 wins out. I'm loving my device and now I'm checking out wireless chargers, I gotta accessorize lol

Congratulations on your V40! I love the V-series. Enjoy!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as much as i love what OnePlus is doing with raw specs, the fact that there is no capacitive fingerprint sensor and no wireless charger are the two main reason i am still waiting. If ATT will have a good black Friday sale I don't see me passing up the V40.
The loss of the rear capacitive finger print sensor is the one thing that has me hesitant to get the 6T. I may look on swappa for used OP6's

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your V40! I love the V-series. Enjoy!

Thank you, will do...

I find it a big improvement over my beloved V20. So far it's the smoothness, the screen, and the battery life which I find is a biggest difference. The audio options are amazing as well.

And if I'm "forced" to go with a sealed backed device, then it might as well have an IP rating and wireless charging.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, will do...

I find it a big improvement over my beloved V20. So far it's the smoothness, the screen, and the battery life which I find is a biggest difference. The audio options are amazing as well.

And if I'm "forced" to go with a sealed backed device, then it might as well have an IP rating and wireless charging.

That's great that it's an improvement! The V series is great for audio and gaming. How are you finding the camera?

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't gone too crazy taking pictures and video yet, but I can say all the manual controls are nice to have. The triple shot function is a cool thing to have also...

As I get deeper into camera/video use, I'll let you guys knows what I think.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes you need to buy a pricey one to get good results! Thank you for sharing!

Fake news.....not my experience at all! I've been buying inexpensive tempered glass screen protectors off of Amazon for me and my family members for many, many years with great success. Just sayin'......:)

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Fake news.....not my experience at all! I've been buying inexpensive tempered glass screen protectors off of Amazon for me and my family members for many, many years with great success. Just sayin'......:)

Okay Trump. I buy inexpensive screen protectors as well, except when they aren't full adhesive like the one you mentioned earlier. If it only has glue around the border it's a hard pass. I don't want touch sensitivity issues or rainbow effect. Glad it works for you, but I'd rather pay extra for full adhesive.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay Trump. I buy inexpensive screen protectors as well, except when they aren't full adhesive like the one you mentioned earlier. If it only has glue around the border it's a hard pass. I don't want touch sensitivity issues or rainbow effect. Glad it works for you, but I'd rather pay extra for full adhesive.
Isn't the problem with the full adhesive is that the curved screens don't allow it to adhere on the edges?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't want touch sensitivity issues or rainbow effect.

I wouldn't want those issues either, and I don't have them. If that had been my experience, I would have trashed the screen protector and found a different solution.

I am not a Trump supporter and it is false in many situations that more expensive is better (at least when it comes to phone accessories). While I am a fan of Tmo, their accessories are WAY overpriced.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm a fan of TMobile as well and I totally agree, their accessories are WAAAYYY overpriced. They try to move me into an Outter Box case (They are good cases) that was huge and ridiculously priced...

Found some good stuff on eBay and Amazon for a fraction of the price of the Outter Box.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't want those issues either, and I don't have them. If that had been my experience, I would have trashed the screen protector and found a different solution.

I am not a Trump supporter and it is false in many situations that more expensive is better (at least when it comes to phone accessories). While I am a fan of Tmo, their accessories are WAY overpriced.

Then you're lucky, since a lot of the reviews state they have those issues. It's a common occurrence with edge only adhesive screen protectors to have those issues. Sure T-Mobile's accessories are expensive, but I paid for what I wanted, a full glue screen protector to avoid wasting money on a crappy one. They even wasted two screen protectors trying to install them since they couldn't get a good alignment the first two times. It's the most expensive tempered glass I've ever bought and I'd buy it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome