Pre-order or Wait for Price Drop?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been on the G6 for close to 2 years. I have been VERY happy with my experience. LG replaced the phone a year in when the vibration motor went out without any hassle.

I'm not a brand loyalist, but the V40 seems to be a much better version of the G6 in every way. I would really like to take advantage of the pre-order bonus, however, I'll be kicking myself if on black Friday AT&T drops the price $300 bucks or so (or sooner).

For those more in the know with LG, when do you expect good deals to be had? If it's going to be after the new year I'd rather not wait. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been on the G6 for close to 2 years. I have been VERY happy with my experience. LG replaced the phone a year in when the vibration motor went out without any hassle.

I'm not a brand loyalist, but the V40 seems to be a much better version of the G6 in every way. I would really like to take advantage of the pre-order bonus, however, I'll be kicking myself if on black Friday AT&T drops the price $300 bucks or so (or sooner).

For those more in the know with LG, when do you expect good deals to be had? If it's going to be after the new year I'd rather not wait. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

There may or may not be any black Friday deals, if there were, it would be up to each individual carrier to decide on those deals. Usually the price drops by the time the LG G8 will be released, if money is a problem, then don't buy it yet. However, if you pre-order by Oct. 19th, you can get the DJI Gimble which is valued at $138 and and a SanDisk 256GB micro SD valued at $62.99 so $200 worth of extras. If you wait and buy it second hand from another person or a 3rd party, you will probably save more money, but you probably don't qualify for any promotion and not sure if you get the transferred 2 year warranty...

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I registered my LG G6 to get the warranty. It's not so much of a money issue as in theory j have about 5 months of payments on the G6. Hard to justify paying G6 off early if i can't get a good deal.

Is the BOGO offer straight up? Every deal i saw were either trade in offers which do not work for me or offers requiring Direct TV service, which i do not.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I registered my LG G6 to get the warranty. It's not so much of a money issue as in theory j have about 5 months of payments on the G6. Hard to justify paying G6 off early if i can't get a good deal.

Is the BOGO offer straight up? Every deal i saw were either trade in offers which do not work for me or offers requiring Direct TV service, which i do not.

**** you're right, DirecTV... So annoying...

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

It's not straight up. You have to add a new line and have Direct TV. Very disappointing.