V40 Unlocked only $750 at B&H (Includes 256GB micro SD card promo from LG)

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 6+ that I used for work. I retired recently and it's gathering dust so I'm going to trade it in at my Tmo store for $250.00 towards a V40. So, $920 - $250 = $670.00, plus 0 down. The beats BH and BB's deals. Should be $92.00 (taxes in my area) out the door for a new V40.

bracque

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 6+ that I used for work. I retired recently and it's gathering dust so I'm going to trade it in at my Tmo store for $250.00 towards a V40. So, $920 - $250 = $670.00, plus 0 down. The beats BH and BB's deals. Should be $92.00 (taxes in my area) out the door for a new V40.

Will the phone then be the t mobile version with their apps and them controlling updates?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Will the phone then be the t mobile version with their apps and them controlling updates?

From the link:
This device is carrier-unlocked and should work fully with carriers listed below with green bars. Yellow bars denote partial network coverage. A SIM card and service plan must be purchased separately. Network compatibility listed here is for reference only and does not guarantee phone compatibility or activation on CDMA Carriers.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes it will be the Tmo version with their apps. FYI, I have been with Tmo a long time and their app load is very light and in some cases, useful......like the Tmo account app.

The BH and BB models should be unlocked as Tube517 indicated in his response.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well that price at Best buy could seal the deal. My only concern is looking at the bands listed on Best buy's site the unlocked version doesn't have band 71 for T-Mobile.

Anybody know how LG is with updates on their unlocked devices?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Well that price at Best buy could seal the deal. My only concern is looking at the bands listed on Best buy's site the unlocked version doesn't have band 71 for T-Mobile.

Anybody know how LG is with updates on their unlocked devices?

Quick answer, LG has been slow with OS updates and they know it. LG has started a new group within their company to try and create faster updates. I recently received the 8.0 update on my V20 and 8.1 has been available for awhile. Won't even talk about Pie. We will see how effective they are, it is a new group.

On the other hand, I have found security update cycles to be acceptable with Tmo, don't know about the unlocked varieties.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Quick answer, LG has been slow with OS updates and they know it. LG has started a new group within their company to try and create faster updates. I recently received the 8.0 update on my V20 and 8.1 has been available for awhile. Won't even talk about Pie. We will see how effective they are, it is a new group.

On the other hand, I have found security update cycles to be acceptable with Tmo, don't know about the unlocked varieties.
Yeah IDK that major OS updates are a big deal to me anymore. I think I'd rather stay on stable 8.1 a little longer and have less bugs. I don't need monthly security updates but quarterly would be good.

Biggest issue for me is the network support. If the unlocked model doesn't have all the bands I'd rather pay more for the T-Mobile version. Also, I played with one in a T-Mobile store last week and it really only had a couple of their apps so there's very little bloat.

Might be worth waiting to see if T-Mobile drops the price.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Might be worth waiting to see if T-Mobile drops the price.

In a way, Tmo has dropped their price, if you are trading in a phone. Take a look at Tmo's website and my post #7 . The only thing you get dinged on is sales tax and depending on where you live, it may not be terrible. Where I live, close to $100.00......ugh!

If they drop the price, I would guess the trade-in allowances would go away, so pick your poison! :p

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
In a way, Tmo has dropped their price, if you are trading in a phone. Take a look at Tmo's website and my post #7 . The only thing you get dinged on is sales tax and depending on where you live, it may not be terrible. Where I live, close to $100.00......ugh!

If they drop the price, I would guess the trade-in allowances would go away, so pick your poison! :p
Yeah they told me about the trade in offer when I was in there. If I trade in my Pixel 2, after taxes I'm looking at $615 out the door.

My hesitation is that if they drop the price I might as well keep the Pixel 2 as a backup or give it to my kid as it's only 8 months old and has 16 months of warranty left plus I have preferred care.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Don't forget, you still get the free 256GB micro SD card.