11-27-2018 12:38 PM
52 123
tools
    What's the absolute urgency for Pie? The phone works and it literally just came out not too long ago. The only thing you're going to get is bragging rights.. nothing substantial. We're at the point of "my phone is newer than yours!"
    IIRC, one of the major upgrades in Pie is further enhancing the Android OS / Services to be more efficient and use less battery......that would enhance our V40 battery life even more than the stellar performance I am experiencing. Also, the Notifications controls are supposed to be streamlined, I would welcome that, currently Notifications controls seem a bit fragmented. And lastly, I believe that dark mode will be baked into the system.

I know there can be risks associated with major OS upgrades but Pie is looking good, if Google delivers.
    11-25-2018 07:31 PM
    I couldn't care less to be honest. I'm great with my S8 on Oreo. I was considering the V40 for a time and the fact that it launched on Oreo was never an issue for me. But, considering the overall state of Android updates, the point is valid.
    LG is still a fairly small company and they only have to much money and resources.. these engineers get paid $100 per hour and you have to imagine the cost it would take to get faster updates. LG does not have a USA branch in Silicon Valley but Samsung actually does have one.. that's why their software is really good because they hired Silicon Valley brains to write the software for it. Funny thing is some people working at Samsung uses iPhones. Apple and Google are obviously giants and their campuses have their own zip code.

FYI after Apple's #batterygate problem and purposely "slowing down" devices via forced OS updates, I don't understand why people still trust updates to enhance their user experience.. to me, it seems more like it creates more problems than it does fix. Can't say it's a conspiracy because it actually happened.
    11-27-2018 12:38 PM
52 123