Just ordered a v40 on tmo. Upgrade to my 3 year old 6s plus. Will be my first android phone as I had windows phones for years until MS killed them. Family of iPhone users and i just got sick of the closed system. Spent last couple days researching and watching review videos between the note 9 and v40. Thought about waiting for Oneplus 6t but i really wanted wireless charging again and saw 6t will not have it. Hoping I won't regret it as some of the camera comparisons i witnessed the note9 shots were a bit more appealing.

Now I sit and wait. Hope UPS can get it here Friday.
    10-24-2018 11:52 PM
    Enjoy. I'm debating between the V40 and Note9 also.
    10-25-2018 12:40 AM
    THX. I was really leaning to the note but I got into a couple videos that went into Bixby details (cant disable on the Note 9 like you can the S9 or 9 Plus), and the Samsung "bloat" apps that are repeats of the Google Apps. Ultimately the one that got me was one of the reviews had a genuine response while he was holding it and commenting how lite it was compared to the note 9. (Muh Battery tho… I know). I guess I could have fallen either way and been perfectly ok.
    10-25-2018 10:02 AM
    I just picked up mine and I'm loving it! I was at TMobile yesterday holding both the Note 9 and V40 in my hands. The screen on the Samsung is beautiful, BUT with the curved screen you really loose real estate...

The DAC and audio options won out for me, that did the trick. Not to mention the $250 I got for my V20 trade in.

Enjoy your device!!
    tube517 likes this.
    10-25-2018 10:31 AM
    I think I'm sold. Just went by a local verizon store and one of the sales rep had one...said he thought it was way better than Note9 for several reasons.
    Thinking I'll buy the unlocked version online but just need to try and hold out for cyber monday to see if they offer any better deals.
    10-25-2018 04:36 PM
    I think I'm sold. Just went by a local verizon store and one of the sales rep had one...said he thought it was way better than Note9 for several reasons.
    Thinking I'll buy the unlocked version online but just need to try and hold out for cyber monday to see if they offer any better deals.
    Which reasons?
    10-25-2018 04:54 PM
    Which reasons?
    Lighter, better camera, free 2nd year warranty, battery just as good....all for a cheaper price. He also said it was "more waterproof" but not sure what he meant by that.
    10-25-2018 05:17 PM
    Lighter, better camera, free 2nd year warranty, battery just as good....all for a cheaper price. He also said it was "more waterproof" but not sure what he meant by that.
    I just played with both today for the second time and while I think the V40 camera is solid it's not better than the Note 9 that I have seen.
    10-27-2018 05:34 PM
    I just played with both today for the second time and while I think the V40 camera is solid it's not better than the Note 9 that I have seen.
    I agree that it doesn't take better pics, they are about the same. But, in my opinion, there are better and a lot more options and features on the V40 as far as the camera is concerned.
    10-27-2018 05:40 PM
    I agree that it doesn't take better pics, they are about the same. But, in my opinion, there are better and a lot more options and features on the V40 as far as the camera is concerned.
    Absolutely there are, and the wide screen to which I will admit I do miss at times. For me personally, I don't want to mess with manual settings. I just want to open the app, point and click. I'll never use all the features it has.
    10-27-2018 06:13 PM