Now that I have the V40 with an OLED screen, I wonder how concerned should I be with screen burn in...

Are there preventive measures I can take besides doing the usual? (Dark wallpapers, lowering brightness, etc) Are there any apps that help with burn in, like IBlue, or any blue filter apps?

Or shouldn't I be so concerned?
    10-25-2018 02:45 AM
    Black wallpaper. If you can't fine any, take a picture at night, in a dark room, no windows for light to leak in, black tape over the lens. Use that picture for your wallpaper. (On the Pixels, solid colors are one of the wallpapers, and one of the solid colors is black.)

Keep the screen brightness down as low as is comfortable.

And I run Proximity Service. Face down or in a case or holster, and the screen blanks out. (Saves battery too - and the lock screen counter stops.)

Should you be concerned? If you get a new phone every year - no. The phone would have to be on with 100% brightness (or be defective) to get much burn-in. If you're going to keep it for a few years - yes. (Besides, low screen brightness and dark background will save battery. No screen when you're not using it will save more. Nothing significant, but if I had 5 cents every time someone in this city made a mistake - just 5 measly cents - I'd probably be the wealthiest man in the state. Little things add up.)
    mwake4goten likes this.
    10-25-2018 12:33 PM
    Gotcha... Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I've been running black wallpapers with a minimal dark blue design, nothing crazy. I have my brightness set at 65, plus I'm running a blue filter app (don't know if it helps but it helped my my V20 LCD screen with image retention) So hopefully that will be good. I plan on keeping the device for at least 2years, 3 tops...

Thanks again for the advice 👍😎
    10-25-2018 01:31 PM