04-15-2019 10:15 AM
46 12
tools
    Decided to try a clear case. Can barely see the blue back so might be for naught
    Attached Thumbnails Favorite LG v40 Cases-screenshot_2018-11-16-20-44-21.jpg  
    11-16-2018 07:46 PM
    I just got the Ornarto slim. There are a bunch sold under different brands that look exactly the same. The flaked/frosted versions have more grip than the smooth variants. I liked the Bear Motion case on my V30 better as it had a rubbery material on the case which that added more grip. My only real gripe is that the case opening on the left side is one big opening for the volume and Google Now button. I would like some separation with a strip of case material so I don't keep activating Google assistant when I think I'm pressing the volume down button.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB391QG...cUvbUpU6401908
    11-17-2018 04:19 PM
    I just got the Ornarto slim. There are a bunch sold under different brands that look exactly the same. The flaked/frosted versions have more grip than the smooth variants. I liked the Bear Motion case on my V30 better as it had a rubbery material on the case which that added more grip. My only real gripe is that the case opening on the left side is one big opening for the volume and Google Now button. I would like some separation with a strip of case material so I don't keep activating Google assistant when I think I'm pressing the volume down button.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB391QG...cUvbUpU6402379
    I got this type of case as well... By a different name.... It's exactly what it looks like... Scratch protection only... Super thin...
    11-18-2018 09:54 AM
    Decided to try a clear case. Can barely see the blue back so might be for naught
    I got that as well but then got the next model up with the black reinforced edges. Still clear in the back.
    11-18-2018 10:04 AM
    i tried 3 or 4 cases before settling on this one:

spigen rugged armor

thin. light. grippy. black.

http://a.co/d/4a0FQ5j
    11-25-2018 08:57 AM
    Can anybody recomend a case with a kickstand?
    My S7 Edge and iPhone 7 plus have Seidio cases with kickstands. They also have really good belt clips.
    https://www.amazon.com/Seidio-SURFAC...cUvbUpU6410220
    Replaced my S7 edge with a V40 and liking it so far.
    The Tech 21 case that Tmobile had in stock is nice but i miss the kickstand. Comes in great when im having lunch out somewhere.
    11-28-2018 11:33 AM
    d
    Can anybody recomend a case with a kickstand?
    My S7 Edge and iPhone 7 plus have Seidio cases with kickstands. They also have really good belt clips.
    https://www.amazon.com/Seidio-SURFAC...cUvbUpU6410297
    Replaced my S7 edge with a V40 and liking it so far.
    The Tech 21 case that Tmobile had in stock is nice but i miss the kickstand. Comes in great when im having lunch out somewhere.
    theres a spigen on amazon with a kickstand. i think its called slim armor.
    11-28-2018 12:57 PM
    d

theres a spigen on amazon with a kickstand. i think its called slim armor.
    Perfect thank you walterkurtz.
    11-28-2018 02:33 PM
    I have mine in a Otterbox defender case.
    12-18-2018 03:31 AM
    The Spigen Tough Armor has a kickstand. Nice case, but I still wish the button covers were more tactile. The cover over the 'assistant' button (disabled) has an easy to find texture, but none of the others.
    12-27-2018 10:32 PM
    The Spigen Tough Armor has a kickstand. Nice case, but I still wish the button covers were more tactile. The cover over the 'assistant' button (disabled) has an easy to find texture, but none of the others.
    Maybe I will get one. I hate that damn button. Lol. Everytime I want to turn down the volume I hit it.
    12-28-2018 05:53 AM
    I am using this and really like it.

Ringke [Fusion-X] Compatible with V40 Case Ergonomic Transparent [Military Drop Tested Defense] Hard PC Back TPU Bumper Impact Resistant Protection Cover for LG V40 ThinQ (2018) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRNH2CH...cUvbUpU6431495
    Still using this and love it.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    12-28-2018 05:55 AM
    Still using this and love it.
    I can't remember if I ever ordered one for my V40... I have had them for my last 4 or 5 phones, but I'm still using the Spigen at the moment. Guess I need to check my Amazon order history.
    Edit : just realized you were talking about the Fusion X, not the regular Fusion. Have you compared them for the same phone? Curious.
    12-28-2018 09:41 AM
    I can't remember if I ever ordered one for my V40... I have had them for my last 4 or 5 phones, but I'm still using the Spigen at the moment. Guess I need to check my Amazon order history.
    Edit : just realized you were talking about the Fusion X, not the regular Fusion. Have you compared them for the same phone? Curious.
    I got the completely clear model if that is the one. The X is more protective for sure. But it is a bit less comfortable if coming from the other. You get used to it though. I need the reinforced bumpers. My phone hits the floor a lot.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    12-28-2018 10:02 AM
    I got the completely clear model if that is the one. The X is more protective for sure. But it is a bit less comfortable if coming from the other. You get used to it though. I need the reinforced bumpers. My phone hits the floor a lot.
    Is the X much bulkier? It looks that way to me. I did just order the regular black / smoke Fusion as well as the Onyx so I can change things up once in a while (though they Onyx looks fairly similar to the Spigen I'm using..). Hopefully the buttons are as good as they usually are. The Spigen buttons feel very good.
    01-03-2019 09:51 AM
    It isn't that much bigger really. Obviously the sides are more reinforced. I think it's the same case with reinforced sides. It adds a little thickness on the edges but not a ton.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    01-03-2019 09:57 AM
    Everyone seems to like the slim cases. Guess I'm the oddball then.
    I put a LoveMei Powerful case on mine.
    Beefy and heavy but built like a tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Favorite LG v40 Cases-img_20190123_130108.jpg  
    03-04-2019 02:25 PM
    Everyone seems to like the slim cases. Guess I'm the oddball then.
    I put a LoveMei Powerful case on mine.
    Beefy and heavy but built like a tank.
    I also have this case, I like it!
    PitCarver likes this.
    03-05-2019 06:07 PM
    I am using this and really like it.

Ringke [Fusion-X] Compatible with V40 Case Ergonomic Transparent [Military Drop Tested Defense] Hard PC Back TPU Bumper Impact Resistant Protection Cover for LG V40 ThinQ (2018) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRNH2CH...cUvbUpU6523384
    I'm thinking of getting that one. Currently testing a battery case, but I'm not really feeling it. This Ringke case would look good with a Skinit skin.
    04-06-2019 08:09 PM
    I'm thinking of getting that one. Currently testing a battery case, but I'm not really feeling it. This Ringke case would look good with a Skinit skin.
    Great cases. The only issue is it's not real friendly with tempered glass protectors. You can't use an edge to edge or it will bubble it causing decreased sensitivity. Some of the slight smaller tapered glass protectors work but if you drop the phone it pops off the protector. I have a few cases and only this one and the cheaper version of this with out reinforced edges does it. I actually put a film type protector on because I am not spending $7 to $8 every few weeks to replace tempered glass even though it's my preference. I see carbon fiber clear screen protectors but never tried one.
    04-14-2019 06:52 PM
    Great cases. The only issue is it's not real friendly with tempered glass protectors. You can't use an edge to edge or it will bubble it causing decreased sensitivity. Some of the slight smaller tapered glass protectors work but if you drop the phone it pops off the protector. I have a few cases and only this one and the cheaper version of this with out reinforced edges does it. I actually put a film type protector on because I am not spending $7 to $8 every few weeks to replace tempered glass even though it's my preference. I see carbon fiber clear screen protectors but never tried one.
    Fortunately for me, I don't use screen protectors. I got this case last week and I like it. The way it's shaped feels like it locks it in hand. The only thing I don't like is that it's hard to tell the volume and assistant buttons apart. The space between them should have been recessed to leave a gap.
    04-15-2019 10:15 AM
46 12