Favorite LG v40 Cases

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my case/glass protector last week and I'm still waiting. Amazon has been slow with a few prime things lately.
I noticed a lot of things going out of stock and having delayed delivery dates with stuff pertaining to the V40. I called once on something like you described and was told stock counts were wrong at the nearest facility and they had to ship from out West. Who knows?

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Case finally came in.......but not before I dropped it and cracked and chipped the screen.

Had to put in an Asurion claim before even having it a full week. They sent a new one as opposed to refurbished. Unfortunately the $199 deductible negated my $250 price drop savings.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Case finally came in.......but not before I dropped it and cracked and chipped the screen.

Had to put in an Asurion claim before even having it a full week. They sent a new one as opposed to refurbished. Unfortunately the $199 deductible negated my $250 price drop savings.
That sucks. What case did you get

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Decided to try a clear case. Can barely see the blue back so might be for naught

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-16-20-44-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-11-16-20-44-21.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 105

Blown 89

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Ornarto slim. There are a bunch sold under different brands that look exactly the same. The flaked/frosted versions have more grip than the smooth variants. I liked the Bear Motion case on my V30 better as it had a rubbery material on the case which that added more grip. My only real gripe is that the case opening on the left side is one big opening for the volume and Google Now button. I would like some separation with a strip of case material so I don't keep activating Google assistant when I think I'm pressing the volume down button.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB391Q...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6401908

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Ornarto slim. There are a bunch sold under different brands that look exactly the same. The flaked/frosted versions have more grip than the smooth variants. I liked the Bear Motion case on my V30 better as it had a rubbery material on the case which that added more grip. My only real gripe is that the case opening on the left side is one big opening for the volume and Google Now button. I would like some separation with a strip of case material so I don't keep activating Google assistant when I think I'm pressing the volume down button.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB391Q...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6402379

I got this type of case as well... By a different name.... It's exactly what it looks like... Scratch protection only... Super thin...

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
d
Can anybody recomend a case with a kickstand?
My S7 Edge and iPhone 7 plus have Seidio cases with kickstands. They also have really good belt clips.
https://www.amazon.com/Seidio-SURFA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6410297
Replaced my S7 edge with a V40 and liking it so far.
The Tech 21 case that Tmobile had in stock is nice but i miss the kickstand. Comes in great when im having lunch out somewhere.

theres a spigen on amazon with a kickstand. i think its called slim armor.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
The Spigen Tough Armor has a kickstand. Nice case, but I still wish the button covers were more tactile. The cover over the 'assistant' button (disabled) has an easy to find texture, but none of the others.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Spigen Tough Armor has a kickstand. Nice case, but I still wish the button covers were more tactile. The cover over the 'assistant' button (disabled) has an easy to find texture, but none of the others.
Maybe I will get one. I hate that damn button. Lol. Everytime I want to turn down the volume I hit it.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Still using this and love it.
I can't remember if I ever ordered one for my V40... I have had them for my last 4 or 5 phones, but I'm still using the Spigen at the moment. Guess I need to check my Amazon order history.
Edit : just realized you were talking about the Fusion X, not the regular Fusion. Have you compared them for the same phone? Curious.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember if I ever ordered one for my V40... I have had them for my last 4 or 5 phones, but I'm still using the Spigen at the moment. Guess I need to check my Amazon order history.
Edit : just realized you were talking about the Fusion X, not the regular Fusion. Have you compared them for the same phone? Curious.
I got the completely clear model if that is the one. The X is more protective for sure. But it is a bit less comfortable if coming from the other. You get used to it though. I need the reinforced bumpers. My phone hits the floor a lot.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the completely clear model if that is the one. The X is more protective for sure. But it is a bit less comfortable if coming from the other. You get used to it though. I need the reinforced bumpers. My phone hits the floor a lot.
Is the X much bulkier? It looks that way to me. I did just order the regular black / smoke Fusion as well as the Onyx so I can change things up once in a while (though they Onyx looks fairly similar to the Spigen I'm using..). Hopefully the buttons are as good as they usually are. The Spigen buttons feel very good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar