i have had the v40 for a few days and this is the most annoying feature i have found so far...

on the v20 the camera opened in the same mode (and settings) as the last time you used it. for me that was manual mode. on this phone it always opens in auto which i will almost never use. i dont know if theyre trying to get me to use some of the new features that accompany five freakin cameras.. but i’m really only interested in the one. i might have to return it since camera was my number one reason for having v20s. 😣

any suggestions are deeply appreciated!
    11-07-2018 09:37 AM
    It really depends on the camera app - try a few different ones - maybe Camera FV-5 Lite or Open Camera.
    11-07-2018 02:07 PM
    It really depends on the camera app - try a few different ones - maybe Camera FV-5 Lite or Open Camera.
    thanks i’ll check them out. i realized if i never close the camera app it will simply open in manual. but i have a good? habit of hitting clear all on my LG whenever i am done using it.
    11-07-2018 06:34 PM
    I know it's an extra step but have you tried pressing and holding the camera button and selecting manual camera? This is a screenshot on my V30 but I have seen this pop up on the V40 demo at the AT&T store.
    11-12-2018 02:18 PM
    I know it's an extra step but have you tried pressing and holding the camera button and selecting manual camera? This is a screenshot on my V30 but I have seen this pop up on the V40 demo at the AT&T store. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b4d6a9f6d5.jpg
    oh! mine does this...

can i change that sub menu?? thanks!

can i set the manual camera to open by default.-screenshot_2018-11-12-15-16-52.jpg
    11-12-2018 05:53 PM
    oh! mine does this...

can i change that sub menu?? thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-12-15-16-52.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	293992
    In your case then what I have done is to pin the camera app to your recent apps. Whatever mode you leave it in should launch into again. I tried this yesterday and just launched my camera app just now and I am back into the last mode I used it in. So thank you for asking your question as it has helped me as well!

can i set the manual camera to open by default.-screenshot_2018-11-13-09-12-09.jpeg

can i set the manual camera to open by default.-screenshot_2018-11-13-09-11-51.jpeg
    11-13-2018 08:20 AM
    In your case then what I have done is to pin the camera app to your recent apps. Whatever mode you leave it in should launch into again. I tried this yesterday and just launched my camera app just now and I am back into the last mode I used it in. So thank you for asking your question as it has helped me as well!
    i don't see that pin icon. only the multi window button in some apps.
    11-13-2018 10:21 AM
    Wow you have to be kidding me.
    11-13-2018 12:12 PM
    So I got my queen a V40 on AT&T and there is a lock icon for apps you want to lock. I don't know if it's an update or carrier specific but you may have the option now to lock an app in your recent app list.
    12-26-2018 12:12 AM
    So I got my queen a V40 on AT&T and there is a lock icon for apps you want to lock. I don't know if it's an update or carrier specific but you may have the option now to lock an app in your recent app list.
    if i show my recent apps like that none of them have the push pin. there is an option on my V40 (on verizon using nova launcher) to do a screen pin but that is apparently if i am letting someone use my phone and i don't want them snoopin around.
    01-01-2019 10:45 AM
    I just received my G7 last week, so I'm still learning the differences from my old Galaxies. If you have an app that can set shortcuts from application activities, here is how to set a shortcut directly to the manual camera. I use Nova Launcher which can place shortcuts on the desktop.

• Go to the "Add Widget" menu.
    • Select "Nova Launcher" -> "Activites - Shortcut"
    • From the "Activities" list, expand "Camera".
    • Select ".app.ManualCameraActivity"
    • Done - the shortcut is now on the desktop and should open the camera in manual mode.

I haven't found how to set this for a lock screen or floating bar shortcut, but with Nova Launcher you can drag the shortcut into the dock (if you use the dock).

can i set the manual camera to open by default.-capture-_2019-02-16-19-57-51.jpg

Hope this helps!

i have had the v40 for a few days and this is the most annoying feature i have found so far...

on the v20 the camera opened in the same mode (and settings) as the last time you used it. for me that was manual mode. on this phone it always opens in auto which i will almost never use. i dont know if theyre trying to get me to use some of the new features that accompany five freakin cameras.. but i’m really only interested in the one. i might have to return it since camera was my number one reason for having v20s. 😣

any suggestions are deeply appreciated!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    02-16-2019 08:16 PM
    omg it worked. THANK YOU!!

I just received my G7 last week, so I'm still learning the differences from my old Galaxies. If you have an app that can set shortcuts from application activities, here is how to set a shortcut directly to the manual camera. I use Nova Launcher which can place shortcuts on the desktop.

• Go to the "Add Widget" menu.
    • Select "Nova Launcher" -> "Activites - Shortcut"
    • From the "Activities" list, expand "Camera".
    • Select ".app.ManualCameraActivity"
    • Done - the shortcut is now on the desktop and should open the camera in manual mode.

I haven't found how to set this for a lock screen or floating bar shortcut, but with Nova Launcher you can drag the shortcut into the dock (if you use the dock).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture+_2019-02-16-19-57-51.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	298223

Hope this helps!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    02-18-2019 10:07 PM
    hey paulmz

i received a system update last night that wrecked this manual camera shortcut. now when i go through the steps above using nova the camera still opens in AUTO. the best i have managed so far is to move the manual button closer to auto when the camera is open. any other ideas?

thank you!!

Hope this helps!
    05-25-2019 01:23 AM
    @walterkurtz - What update did you get? An OTA OS update? I haven't received any updates, so I cannot duplicate the issue (yet).
    05-29-2019 11:30 AM
    @walterkurtz - What update did you get? An OTA OS update? I haven't received any updates, so I cannot duplicate the issue (yet).
    i think its pie from Verizon. it's pretty much ruined the manual camera. and since I've mostly purchased LGs for the camera I'm gonna look for a new phone when i return to the states. that is unless i can revert back to the previous operating system. thanks for your help!
    05-29-2019 10:04 PM
    So me the Pie update on my T-mobile V40, my camera app opens in the mode where it was opened last
    06-26-2019 05:57 PM