How does everyone like their LG V40 so far?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have the V30 and I am still wondering if its worth it to upgrade to the V40. The V30 is like the king of battery life. I've heard people it seems have issues with the battery on the V40, which would make sense since its a larger, slightly more powerful screen with the same size battery as the V30.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the V30 and I am still wondering if its worth it to upgrade to the V40. The V30 is like the king of battery life. I've heard people it seems have issues with the battery on the V40, which would make sense since its a larger, slightly more powerful screen with the same size battery as the V30.

I'm still rocking my V30 as well. My daughter just got the V40 and the battery is decent but my 30 is still better. I really didn't expect to like the 40 much over my 30 but I do.

The V40 is silky smooth and makes my 30 feel dated. The low light camera is a lot better and the minor UI enhancements... Just feels like a better experience then my V30.

Along with the V40, I want to check out the V50 and the new Xperia before I choose.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm still rocking my V30 as well. My daughter just got the V40 and the battery is decent but my 30 is still better. I really didn't expect to like the 40 much over my 30 but I do.

The V40 is silky smooth and makes my 30 feel dated. The low light camera is a lot better and the minor UI enhancements... Just feels like a better experience then my V30.

Along with the V40, I want to check out the V50 and the new Xperia before I choose.

Is there really that many improvements over the V30 though? And what about the screen? Its much taller than the V30. I have found that the V30 is the perfect sized screen.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there really that many improvements over the V30 though? And what about the screen? Its much taller than the V30. I have found that the V30 is the perfect sized screen.
The camera is much better and the phone is snappier. I suspect that if Oreo truly drops this quarter the battery enhancements should put the battery on par with your V30. I had the V30 and I like the V40 much better. The only thing that makes me mad is the quick release of the V59. If I had known it was coming out earlier, instead of the normal October/November time I would have waited because the V30 is stool nice.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

The screen is maybe 1/4" taller and nearly the same width

The camera is much better and the phone is snappier. I suspect that if Oreo truly drops this quarter the battery enhancements should put the battery on par with your V30. I had the V30 and I like the V40 much better

Agreed. The V40 feels like a good upgrade to me. I'm waiting for the V50 to check it out but if the main improvement is 5g... well I'll have to see

I was lucky, my V30 screen is very nice. I also have the Sprint version so I'm sporting 128gb. The V40 would be a downgrade in that respect.