When I click the menu in gallery, there is no move option.
    11-29-2018 06:17 AM
    When I click the menu in gallery, there is no move option.
    if i tap the menu buttons on the top right when inside an album or looking at an individual photo, MOVE is the first option. i am using the stock GALLERY on my LG V40.
    11-29-2018 07:50 AM
    That's why Windows is so much easier. Just copy and paste. Why can't android apps do that. Even the stock gallery on my android tablet can't do a simple copy and paste without going into the stock folder app to copy and paste. Moving a file can be dangerous as there are lots of posts about loosing the file completly.
    11-29-2018 10:41 AM
    That's why Windows is so much easier. Just copy and paste. Why can't android apps do that. Even the stock gallery on my android tablet can't do a simple copy and paste without going into the stock folder app to copy and paste. Moving a file can be dangerous as there are lots of posts about loosing the file completly.
    ES File Explorer is close
    11-29-2018 10:44 AM
    The thing about "albums" in the stock Gallery app is that each album is actually a separate directory. Most Gallery apps aren't also file managers, so they don't let you physically move the file from one directory to another. You'd have to use a separate file manager app for that. In addition, most Gallery apps won't recognize nested albums (i.e., a sub-directory of a another album directory) -- they'll just show as a separate album.

If you use Google Photos, the albums are more of a virtual construct -- all of your photos are backed up as one gigantic chronological mass, but you can then create albums and assign photos to them. A single photo can be in multiple albums, without having to duplicate the file. It takes a little getting used to, but it's so much easier to organize photos this way for me.
    11-29-2018 03:45 PM