Stock messaging app slow? Anybody else have that issue?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Had my V40 a few weeks. The stock messaging app seems sluggish.
Sure i imported a lot of SMS / MMS from my S7 Edge but they seem to be about the same as far as opening messages, going between messages and closing the app.

Every thing else on the V40 is so much smoother and faster then my S7 Edge so thats why im wondering if its just me or if anybody else is noticing the issue.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used LG's stock messaging app since my V10 and it was not a great experience. Switched to Textra and have been using it ever since. Sorry you are having an issue, not surprised.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have used the google messaging app in the past. Maybe ill give it a shot for a bit and see how well it works.

I like the stock app. Just not a fan of how slow it is.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used the google messaging app in the past. Maybe ill give it a shot for a bit and see how well it works.

I like the stock app. Just not a fan of how slow it is.
Give Pulse a try sometime. It's like a stock app on steroids. I don't mind the stock app but after using pulse I can't switch back.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Android Messages but the LG Messaging app never failed me the times I used it. It's actually better than it was on the V30. I just don't like how the notifications look.

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I used the built in app for just a few hours and went to textra. I'm new to Droid. Was a win mobile and iPhone guy for a few years. Got the V40 just before Halloween and been enjoying it ever since.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I used the built in app for just a few hours and went to textra. I'm new to Droid. Was a win mobile and iPhone guy for a few years. Got the V40 just before Halloween and been enjoying it ever since.
I can understand why you went with textra after iPhone. I was an Android and pulse user. Went to iPhone and hated the message app. It's similar in some ways to Textra. One year on iPhone was enough punishment. LOL. They seriously work well but after years of Android it just didn't cut it. Like using Apple Music to put music on my phone. Textra is a decent app. I am just used to Pulse.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I too use Textra and find it sufficient for my needs. Not wanting to hijack the thread but have any of you changed out the dialer app for something else? I miss having favorites with pictures of the people. It makes it simple to call the people you call the most.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock messaging app and it is just fine. No sluggishness.

But I use Google/Android messages at work with the web texting feature.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I too use Textra and find it sufficient for my needs. Not wanting to hijack the thread but have any of you changed out the dialer app for something else? I miss having favorites with pictures of the people. It makes it simple to call the people you call the most.

The stock dialer allows you to have pictures and favorites.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The stock LG message app is ok, not great but ok. I've been using Google Messages and it's a bit faster and smoother than LG's stock app...

Although I must say, WhatsApp is faster and smoother than both on my V40.