LG v40 thinks it's charging when it's not.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an lg v40, just yesterday it started acting as if it was plugged in when it wasn't. I can be doing anything and the screen will go dim for a slight second, the plug-in animation will play, and the battery will show the lightning bolt signifying charging, then it'll go away. Then all of that will keep happening at random intervals. It's very annoying and nauseating with the screen dim it does. I already tried compressed air and alcohol in the charge port, now what?

Matt Norton

Jun 9, 2019
Visit site
I have an lg v40, just yesterday it started acting as if it was plugged in when it wasn't. I can be doing anything and the screen will go dim for a slight second, the plug-in animation will play, and the battery will show the lightning bolt signifying charging, then it'll go away. Then all of that will keep happening at random intervals. It's very annoying and nauseating with the screen dim it does. I already tried compressed air and alcohol in the charge port, now what?

Did you get this resolved? This is now happening to me, and will not stop. Just keep beeping like a charger has plugged in over and over again