I don't have the internet at home and have small amount of data to hotspot, so at work I download shows/movies from Netflix and amazon prime to watch offline. How can I play it on my phone but watch it on my tv at home without using internet or hotspot. I find it so hard to believe there isn't a way. I tried chromecast but you need at least hotspot. My phone is the Lg v40 and no frills lg 49" tv.
    03-19-2019 05:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Assuming your TV doesn't support Miracast, you could add Miracast with something like Belkin's Miracast Video Adapter or Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter. I'm pretty sure both of these function without the need for a local wi-fi network.
    03-19-2019 10:00 PM
    They sell USB-C to HDMI adapters, as long as you're okay with a wired connection. I used this for a few weeks when I moved. The one I have doesn't allow you to charge the phone at the same time though. They have on at Walmart that does allow charging at the same time ($30), but I unfortunately didn't see it until I bought the other one ($20).
    03-21-2019 01:12 PM
    I use the 3rd generation Chromecast with my LG V40 and 2012 Samsung Smart TV. No hotspot. Just download Google Home to complete the "cast". Not only can you send Netflix and other approved apps to your tv, but you can send Amazon videos and anything else that's on your phone. Just go into Settings, Network and turn on Screen Sharing. It will pick up your Chromecast and you're all set. When "casting" with Netflix, you can still use your phone for anything else. With Screen Sharing" you can't.
    tube517 likes this.
    05-04-2019 12:04 PM