I'm considering purchasing the V40 (I like the flat screen) but am surprised its price hasn't come down (at least on Verizon). I'm sorry but with some of the newer phones (Note 9, S10 and others), this is not a thousand dollar phone.

I'm not trolling - just wondering what LG is thinking. Do you think it's worth it's price?
    03-21-2019 12:12 AM
    I completely understand! I had the same issue with the v30 however that I now owe 8 more months on. not my favorite phones I've had by a long shot.
    03-21-2019 02:47 AM
    In the UK it's only officially sold by a couple of online retailers. The lowest price is still £700 LOL. For an LG??

They really don't help themselves with the way they don't bring their phones to market properly.
    03-21-2019 04:16 AM
    I don't understand these comments. It is similar builds to all other flagship, quad dac(the selling point as its meant for audiophiles) that no other phone has. Features are comparable to other flagship. It will be coming down soon as the V50 is coming quickly. Most people that say this go by the feel of the phone. They want metal not glass but I will take the lighter weight as I always use a case. I don't think you are trolling but this comes up frequently. Everyone would like a top phone at a budget price. The only way that happens is to wait at least six months after release then the deals roll in.
    03-21-2019 06:59 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. When I bought the V20 on day one at Verizon, they were still selling the V10 at full retail price. To add insult to injury, the V20 was also the cheaper of the two phones! I don't think the V10 ever saw a price drop.
    03-21-2019 08:02 AM
    The V40 through Verizon is $280 more than the S9+, which is from the same generation. It's even $80 more than the S10, which is generation newer. Crazy.

Again, not trolling. I'd like to get the V40 for the flat screen but cannot justify its price of $980. Maybe it'll drop to $600 with the release of the V50 (but then I'll want that phone instead, LOL).
    03-22-2019 12:17 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. When I bought the V20 on day one at Verizon, they were still selling the V10 at full retail price. To add insult to injury, the V20 was also the cheaper of the two phones! I don't think the V10 ever saw a price drop.
    Are you in the US. I got my V20 at half price and my wife got her V30 with a $300 off from Verizon. You just have to check the site frequently. All but the V20 I bought day one but even at that I got freebies and the V40 with preorder was $100 off. Plus if you are a US Veteran you might get small but off. I can't remember if it the phone or accessories but you get some off each month also.
    PitCarver likes this.
    03-22-2019 06:29 AM
    I will admit other carriers offer much better deals though.
    03-22-2019 06:30 AM
    I got mine for $320 shipped on eBay. like new.
    PARANOID365 and tube517 like this.
    03-22-2019 07:00 AM
    Are you in the US. I got my V20 at half price and my wife got her V30 with a $300 off from Verizon. You just have to check the site frequently. All but the V20 I bought day one but even at that I got freebies and the V40 with preorder was $100 off. Plus if you are a US Veteran you might get small but off. I can't remember if it the phone or accessories but you get some off each month also.
    Yes, I'm in the U.S.

Funny thing is, when I bought the V20, I got it better than free due to all the discounts and promo stuff. When you factored that all in, it was worth more than the phone was.

But I rarely compare that stuff when discussing phone prices just for situations like you laid out. The promos change often, so comparing retail prices is more stable. Plus the new phones always get the best deals anyway, so I doubt there was a promo available on the V10 that made it the better over all price.
    03-22-2019 03:58 PM
    The V40 through Verizon is $280 more than the S9+, which is from the same generation. It's even $80 more than the S10, which is generation newer. Crazy.
    If it was a choice between the two, I'd pay the extra.
    03-22-2019 03:58 PM
    Yes, I'm in the U.S.

Funny thing is, when I bought the V20, I got it better than free due to all the discounts and promo stuff. When you factored that all in, it was worth more than the phone was.

But I rarely compare that stuff when discussing phone prices just for situations like you laid out. The promos change often, so comparing retail prices is more stable. Plus the new phones always get the best deals anyway, so I doubt there was a promo available on the V10 that made it the better over all price.
    Ya. And I was bummed my VR headset I got with the V30 doesn't work with the V40. Endnotes if it was a giveaway. I agree though. Probably best to discuss retail as often as the change promos. A few weeks ago the V40 was $300 off with a new line or $100 off with trade in. Now it's back full. I really expect it to drop very soon though. The V50 is supposed to come out a lot earlier.
    03-22-2019 04:12 PM
    Verizon overcharges for the prices of their phones. I'm on T-Mobile and the price of the V40 dropped to 600 recently. Zero down for 16 dollars a month. I opted for the S9 Plus though.. I might be returning it for the V40. Haven't decided yet.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-24-2019 08:20 AM
    Ya. And I was bummed my VR headset I got with the V30 doesn't work with the V40. Endnotes if it was a giveaway. I agree though. Probably best to discuss retail as often as the change promos. A few weeks ago the V40 was $300 off with a new line or $100 off with trade in. Now it's back full. I really expect it to drop very soon though. The V50 is supposed to come out a lot earlier.

I got my LG V40 thinQ on 3/23 (loving it so far) unlocked, through AT&T. Deal: trade in old phone, get $400.00 rebate, which I put towards my monthly bill.
    Did not need to open an extra line, nor put it on the monthly payment plan! On-line it said you had to, but after much research, calling around, etc., I found out you do not need to the extra line or monthly payments, but had to go to AT&T store to get it.
    Old phone does have to be worth $20.00!!
    Loekie
    03-26-2019 11:07 AM
    I bought a new in the box T-Mobile branded V40 for $400 from a local seller on Offer Up. I would check that website out. LGs are notorious for dropping in price after launch and with the release of the V50 there surely are good deals to be found.
    03-29-2019 03:09 AM
    I don't know why they drop their prices so quickly but it is a good thing in my opinion. Currently on T-Mobile, you can get the LG G7 for 400 dollars, zero down and 16 dollars a month. That's down from 750. That is a great deal. Like I said, you can also get the V40 for 600, zero down and also 16 a month. I might be tempted to return my S9 Plus and go that route.
    03-30-2019 12:59 PM
    I too am on TMobile and got mine at a discount in store a few months after it was out. I dont think the issue is with LG but with Verizon not wanting to discount it.
    04-08-2019 01:01 PM