Should I get a screen protector for my LG V40 thinQ

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if it is advisable to get a screen protector for my LG V40 thinQ?

I know there is already something on there, but am wondering how good that is and whether it would be better to have something else on top.

Thanks
Loekie

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Depends on how you handle the device, where you keep it and your personal preference.. Some wouldn't leave home without one, I personally never use them. I like the clean look and feel of those amazing screens..
If you get around with your car keys in the same pocket as the phone, you should get one. If you plonk the thing on the table face down, get one. If you drop things a lot...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think it boils down to personal preference and how you use your phone. I always get a screen protector for my phone but I'm clumsy and I like to be careful - but it's up to you! Only you can make that decision. :)

Lots of users here go caseless and screen-protector-less and are loving it! And then there are those of us who back them up with stuff! It's up to you!

Also, the protector on your phone may not be as durable as a screen protector you can purchase. It's good to use as backup, insurance, or until you get a new one, for example.

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Sounds good!

This is what I got:.
Bodyguardz Pure 2
Extreme impact protection
Alumindsilicate glass screen protector

(comes with install guide) -. But I had att store install for me.

Lifetime guarantee/replacements - as long as you register product.

Don't know how to install picture from my phone to hear - lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Bodyguardz Pure 2

Don't know how to install picture from my phone to hear - lol

That sounds like a great product! And that was smart of you to ask your carrier to install it for you! Enjoy!

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like a great product! And that was smart of you to ask your carrier to install it for you! Enjoy!

I always have carrier install it, on previous phones too! YouTube has a demonstration of it, how to put it on etc.. Someone on another tread also mentioned it, I think.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the Whitestone Dome Glass to get the nice black uniform finish on the screen and still retaining good touch sensitivity.

markdoc

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the Whitestone Dome Glass too. It's a great protector; fits perfectly with Ringke case, no fingerprints, perfect sensitivity. Three issues:
1. Very expensive due to included curing light
2. Intricate installation. (Easy once you see video)
3. NO WARRANTY! Whitestone no longer makes screen protectors for LG phones and they are out of replacement glass. I spent a month sending emails asking about their warranty. They finally replied with this on April 1:
"Unfortunately, due to the lack of demand, we have ceased production of our LG line of products. In this case, we encourage the customer to contact their original merchant location to seek a refund if they are within the return/refund period."
BUYER BEWARE!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh that stinks. So are there any curved tempered glass loca screen protectors for the V40? I just checked sgfreshidea which is the first company I know of actually doing this and they do not seem to carry the V40 either.

1e5a148d3f358a681e8fdaef41983df7.jpg

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Update on the screen protector I got:
Bodyguardz Pure 2

UNQUOTE

Do NOT like it! Took it off! Kept getting dust particles under one corner. And I didn't think it fit very well.

Also on black screen you can see fingerprints quite clearly. Once screen was on, with all the different colors from icons etc., you couldn't really see the fingerprints.

Any other screen protectors that others can recommend? I went to ZAGG, but they don't make them for the LG phones.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I have spent far too much money trying to find a proper LG V40 screen protector. I dont think there is one. The only thin close I found would work but popped off after a few weeks and wouldn't go back on. It was a three pack and all did it.Just will not work with a case. Cases make it so it bubbles them slightly or just enough it affects touch in a spot or two. I fou d the old fashioned original plastic type but they are not full screen (found one tempered glass that works but isn't full screen). The best I have found is IQ Shield. It's like Zagg. Plus they give you two in case one gets messed up on install. They are not hard to install if you follow instructions. Then give it a good 12 hours before putting a case on. Install in the evening and sit over night is best. I used the trick Best Buy does when installing Zagg and hit it with a hair dryer to speed the process along. You really have to work it while wet to form all the curves being careful not to move it. It is fine though I prefer the feel and look of tempered glass. I guess there just isn't one though. Oh ya. Some cases may still peel the corners of iq shield. The good part is you hit it with a little liquid and fix it easy. The best cases have a thin snap rim. They hold everything. That means a slightly thicker case. Spigen will peel the edge a little.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Which Spigen? I never had an issue with my IQ Shield protector (until I took it off because it was matte and I couldn't stand it any more!) with any of my cases including a Spigen Rugged Armor.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Which Spigen? I never had an issue with my IQ Shield protector (until I took it off because it was matte and I couldn't stand it any more!) with any of my cases including a Spigen Rugged Armor.
I will have to look. I have two but both peeled the edges. One was $19 and the other $14. I don't like the feel of lQ shield or Zagg. Plus tempered glass has saved my screen a few times where I doubt IQ shield would. I just can't justify trying anymore tempered glass unless I see reports of a decent one. I would even take a case with tempered glass built in.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I will have to look. I have two but both peeled the edges. One was $19 and the other $14. I don't like the feel of lQ shield or Zagg. Plus tempered glass has saved my screen a few times where I doubt IQ shield would. I just can't justify trying anymore tempered glass unless I see reports of a decent one. I would even take a case with tempered glass built in.
Yeah, I looked and looked for a glass screen protector for mine that had good reviews, and finally gave up and bought the IQ Shield. I didn't mind the feel, but I HATED how it made the screen look.

LOL just realized this is in the V40 forum.. I traded in mine for a V50, which is what I bought the Zagg for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac