V40 - Can you setup for dual audio?

Rob Ran1405

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,
I have just purchased the V40 and have to say for my first LG phone its great.

Has anyone setup dual audio thru bluetooth with the phone? I want to play music thru 2 bluetooth speakers thru my V40

I thought having Bluetooth 5 would have meant it was easy to setup.

Happy for feedback
Thanks
Rob

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,
I have just purchased the V40 and have to say for my first LG phone its great.

Has anyone setup dual audio thru bluetooth with the phone? I want to play music thru 2 bluetooth speakers thru my V40

I thought having Bluetooth 5 would have meant it was easy to setup.

Happy for feedback
Thanks
Rob
Yes. I use this all the time. I can pair my Tahoe on star Bluetooth to call audio and also pair music audio through a 2nd BT audio unit.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm puzzled as to why anyone would want to do this given that the V40 has a Quad DAC that would offer much better sound quality than this setup.

Rob Ran1405

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the reply. So are you able to stream music from your V40 to 2 bluetooth speakers at the same time giving you a stereo type output from both speakers?

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the reply. So are you able to stream music from your V40 to 2 bluetooth speakers at the same time giving you a stereo type output from both speakers?
No. The music and call audio outputs can be separated and paired to different devices at same time.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No. The music and call audio outputs can be separated and paired to different devices at same time.

I'm pretty sure this is the answer. OR you would be directed to choose output as you start any app that has audio output. It's possible that the devices themselves can do this, such as a Sonos system for example. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
But it won't give you stereo audio, it'll give you mono audio (the same audio in both speakers - stereo is different audio in each speaker) ... but with a little delay between them. (Which can be anything from a little annoying to absolutely terrible.)