Finally... Pie is here for TMobile V40

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup, got mine this morning during my commute. Comes with May security patch and hopefully the annoying picture in picture bug is resolved.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to really dig into the update, but the things I'm noticing so far is the WiFi Calling icon is no longer present and a small window pops up after you take a screenshot with options to share, delete, etc.

I'm sure I'll stumble into more differences as I go about my day.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My update is downloading now.
I have bee happy with my V40 on 8. Really hope it doesnt do what Samsung did to my S7 Edge. That thing was working great, then a system update crippled it. I was able to track it back to their stupid VR software that you cant disable.
OH well it forced me to get my first LG and i am liking the device.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My update is downloading now.
I have bee happy with my V40 on 8. Really hope it doesnt do what Samsung did to my S7 Edge. That thing was working great, then a system update crippled it. I was able to track it back to their stupid VR software that you cant disable.
OH well it forced me to get my first LG and i am liking the device.

Yeah it's not a complete redo of the UI though like Samsung and their One UI. I have the Note 8 also and it completely changed the UI and took out some very popular camera features from Samsung's cameras.

I'll have to see when I get home

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, anybody else notice the small notification at the bottom of the screen that says "network connection failed" when the phone has been in stand by mode for more than 30 minutes?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
"network connection failed" middle of the screen in small print, seeing it happen more often now. Sent a text, had phone in stand by for 5 minutes, turned screen back on and it stays for about 1-2 seconds then disappears.

Other then that the 9 update seems to be working well.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Got my TMO Pie a couple of days ago. Does anyone notice any new features or changes other than the cartoony icons?

Dual app support, new task manager, gesture based instead of the touch buttons, adaptive battery which allows for better battery life, live stream to YouTube from the camera app, dialogs are rounded off instead of boxy, os seems to run smoother as well.