Sprint signal

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a LG v40 through Sprint. I'll be at home and have full bars of signal. A bit later I'll have 2 bars until I turn airplane mode on and off. Not sure why that happens sometimes. I will also text someone and it might switch between using rcs to mms. Any idea what I should do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you asked Sprint about this? Is there anyone else at home on the same line who experiences the same problem? Trying to figure out if this is a phone issue or a network issue.

Hawkinn

Jul 22, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you asked Sprint about this? Is there anyone else at home on the same line who experiences the same problem? Trying to figure out if this is a phone issue or a network issue.

I actually took the phone up to sprint for a voicemail issue. They had to reinstall the voicemail software. I'm the only one in the house that uses sprint. But I had a iPhone before this and no problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried updating the PRL? sprint.com/en/support/device/device-content.lg.v40-thinq.update-the-prl-and-data-profile.1389.html

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as the RCS to MMS, you have the messaging app set to not break long messages, so as soon as you exceed 160 characters, it switches to MMS, so it sends 1 message. If it stayed in RCS (which is actually still SMS for text), it would send a bunch of 160 character-long texts. The recipient's text app should handle either one with no problem.

For the change in signal, you could check with Sprint, but if they're having momentary outages, I doubt they'd admit it. (But the phone wiould still notice it. It's like when you get a powerline glitch so short that you barely notice it, but your clocks all start flashing 12:00 - they noticed it.)