RCS on V40

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Those of you who are on T-Mobile, are you able to access RCS messaging on your V40?

The T-Mobile default messaging app is slow and constantly freezes and crashes (especially since updating to Pie) Hence I'm using Google Messages and I get "chat features are unavailable for this device"

I'm wondering for those aren't on T-Mobile, are you able to utilize RCS in your SMS app? Is this just an isolated T-Mobile issue?

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I use RCS/CHat in the stock LG texting app fine.

My phone is on Tmobile Pie

Cool... The stock LG texting app doesn't work for me. It's slow, it lags and it has crashed more than once, hence why I use Google Messages.

I will be performing a factory reset soon, maybe my stock LG app will then work properly. I would like to take advantage of RCS.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Cool... The stock LG texting app doesn't work for me. It's slow, it lags and it has crashed more than once, hence why I use Google Messages.

I will be performing a factory reset soon, maybe my stock LG app will then work properly. I would like to take advantage of RCS.

Backup your texts and then delete them from your texting app. See if that works.

I use SMS Backup and Restore app.

If that doesn't work, still backup your texts before the factory reset.

Is the phone sluggish or just the stock texting app?

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Backup your texts and then delete them from your texting app. See if that works.

Will do, I'll try it...
The phone is perfect, it's just stock LG texting app. But I'll back up everything before I do reset anyway and see if it works.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Does that program backup Textra text messages or are all messages going into the same files?